News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseeders at 2009 Camp Perry Rifle Pop-up Shoot and Pictures

Started by arpjoe, November 29, 2009, 08:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arpjoe

Panama, Butt Stock, Birdman and I made it to the Camp Perry Shoot 2009 Nov 28th.  Friends of Camp Perry organization has been doing this since Fall 2006.  Rifle pop-ups are in November and they have Pistol pop-ups in the spring.  Seven popups from 50 meters to 300 meters with 40 targets possible.  Single or up to triple target displays at a time.  Five seconds on single target exposure which has to be hit before it goes down.  Double or triple target exposure times are computer controlled but I do not know the exact timing.  They had a total of 29 relays with 16 positions per relay.

Birdman, my friend Bob and I travelled together and did not arrive until about 11:30am and then found Panama in the registration tent.  Panama had been busy promoting Appleseed after he and Butt Stock has earlier shot the rifle popups.  The line was short to register but we were on relays 26-27-28 and it would be a wait until our relays were up.

The Appleseeders gave a good accounting of themselves.  Birdman did really well on the three relays he shot with 39, 39, 40 scores with 40 being perfect.  I shot two relays with 32 and 36 scores which is much better than the 17 and 24 I shot two years ago before I had attended an Appleseed Shoot.  Pictures are from Birdman that he sent to me by email.

Meanstreaker, Birdman outshot me and I had to give him my Red Hat.  Please send me a new Red Hat.  **)

Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

Panama

This was a really good time. I shot 37 and 39 on my 2 courses I signed up for. Birdman beat me, but Appleseed made a good showing. It had a good time with Birdman and Arpjoe. It was good seeing you guys again.

I also spent time spreading the word. I passed out a lot of information, and I targeted groups with kids real hard. When those kids heard they could shoot 400 to 500 rounds over a weekend they were asking dad, "Can we go?"

I also spoke with some of the leadership of "Friends of Camp Perry" who put on this event. They are a good way to get our foot in the door toward getting an Appleseed at Camp Perry. They did seem interested, and said they would discuss helping us at their next meeting. I should be getting a call this week so we can find out what the next move will be.

NRA certified Instructor
US Army Veteran

Fred

Quote from: Panama on November 30, 2009, 10:28:50 AM

I also spent time spreading the word. I passed out a lot of information, and I targeted groups with kids real hard. When those kids heard they could shoot 400 to 500 rounds over a weekend they were asking dad, "Can we go?"

I also spoke with some of the leadership of "Friends of Camp Perry" who put on this event. They are a good way to get our foot in the door toward getting an Appleseed at Camp Perry. They did seem interested, and said they would discuss helping us at their next meeting. I should be getting a call this week so we can find out what the next move will be.

O0   O0   O0

(That's a TRIPLE "thumb's up!" Hope you got some contact info, so you can followup with FoCP - as there's always the need for followup...)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

MeanStreaker

That's great guys!  Wish I could've been there.

Thanks for your hard work in scaring up leads for us, Panama.  I look forward to seeing all you've been PMing me come to fruition.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Butt Stock

Match scores are available here :http://www.friendsofcampperry.org/MatchScores112809.html allthough they have my name spelled wrong. I shot in relay 2 position 3 and relay 4 position 3.

Birdman

I was so scared it was as if them dang pop-ups were shooting back.  Deep breaths...Deep breaths...
RRRREEEELLLAAAXXXXX!  Honest, it felt like taking a shot at a 14-point buck.
Thanks for posting the pics Joe.  I had a great time.  I HIGHLY recommend this shoot to all those who very much know what they are about.

Rifle - check
Ammo - check
Appleseed instruction - priceless.