News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster Night III: CT Volunteers, check in here.

Started by CortJestir, April 05, 2010, 09:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Check in here for our 3rd Virtual Muster Night!

Tuesday: April 13, 2010, starting at 8:00pm ET.

From this thread: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12768.0

We are entering the final stretch; the final moment of decision for our April 17-18 nationwide event.  Like our ancestors, many among us are tired from preparation work, others are just arriving and looking for action.  Before us all comes the event, the day, the moment for all of us to come together and make our mark on history.

A long time ago, a small group of our ancestors also stood together, looked onto an obscure bend in the road and asked of themselves, "Who are we?" and "What will we make for our Future?"  Now it is our turn.  An April 13th, we will stand too, making our few final preps and coming shoulder to shoulder to face our future asking those very same questions, "Who are we?" and "What lies ahead?" 

Our decisions are made easy because we remember our ancestor's stories at every Appleseed event.  We know they made the hardest decisions for us and all we have to do is share their story.  We can see our path into the future, because they set the line centuries ago.  The path exists so long as we can see it, and so long as we will walk.

We are not alone!  Due to hard preparations, there are more than 100 events happening in 40 states on the April 17-18 weekend. Hundreds of volunteers and instructors have put together all the details for these weekends, some of these being unique and new.  Thousands of true citizens have signed up to come, learn, shoot, and exercise their fundamental rights.

Virtual Muster Night III is our last communal gathering, our last mustering, our last chance to make a final push to getting each and every event sold out, each and every person ready for the line, and each and every special detail checked off.

This night will be the night we see each other off into the dawn of history.  Everyone will be asked to log onto the forum, check in with their state program and check in with their event's Shoot Boss.  These are the leaders who will make each event, each team, each group have the most effective and momentous Appleseed yet!

As always, Scout will be running The Rifleman Radio Show and this night will be just as special as every one we have held before.  Our goal on this night is to beat out the numbers we had on our first Virtual Muster night.  On the April 17-18 weekend we are prepared to shatter all records, the VMIII night should do the same - all records broken.

Time is very short, history is bearing down on us.  If is ours to be prepared, to be present, and to be clear about our place in unfolding history.  Each weekend will be exciting, fun, and full of great people and lots of noise.  Come on Tuesday, April 13th and meet those you will go into that history with and shake their hands now.

History awaits you!

See you there,
Techres, Scout, & Fred

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

CortJestir

Alright, everyone...

Checking in on the forum for VMIII. I'll also be in the chat room on BlogTalkRadio. If you want to join the online chat, head over to BlogTalkRadio.com and register up (you need a valid email to confirm your registration).

See you all in about 30 mins...

TOMINCT

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

CortJestir

Welcome guys...tune into the Radio Show as well...it's going great thus far.

Boondoggle

Boondoggle here and checking in!

Been enjoying the RWVA & Appleseed Project since taking my wife and two girls to Colebrook back in March.  Missed out on pulling (I mean squeezing) the trigger on Hartford, so the gals & I will be in Harvard with Crak this weekend.

Boondoggle, standing by on 69!

CortJestir

Hey boondoggle. Welcome, welcome. Glad to see you online!

Sorry to miss you guys at Hartford  :(, but you know you're in good hands up in Mass. Come home with some patches, bud.  O0 :~

Boondoggle

Listening to the radio show and a gentleman from Tennessee is talking about handing out Appleseed fliers at some of Thursday's Tea Parties.  I may be in Hartford for the tea party, any thoughts?

CortJestir

Thoughts? My thought is "Yes".  :D

I'll have a new flyer soon, BTW. Check the CT flyer thread tomorrow morning before printing anything out...

Quote from: Boondoggle on April 13, 2010, 10:56:37 PM
Listening to the radio show and a gentleman from Tennessee is talking about handing out Appleseed fliers at some of Thursday's Tea Parties.  I may be in Hartford for the tea party, any thoughts?

Thor

Hello,
Just checking in briefly.  My schedule has changed somewhat, unfortunately not enough to be able to make the shoot this weekend though.  My wife will be in attendance with a friend though.

Thor
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom... Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."--Samuel Adams

vernic82

oops.....checked into the wrong place last night but I was here :-[
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude