Author Topic: Challenge Coins - NOT just for Riflemen.  (Read 4205 times)

Offline RifleWoman

Challenge Coins - NOT just for Riflemen.
« on: November 16, 2009, 10:08:55 PM »
I don't know where this rumor got started, but challenge coins are not just for those who shoot rifleman scores.  They are for any Appleseeder.  So don't be afraid to order one if you've not shot that 210.  O0
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Offline 4bfox

Re: Challenge Coins - NOT just for Riflemen.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 07:25:54 PM »
I use them to "challenge" my friends to qualify.....then they have to pass them on to one of their friends, and so on.

Has worked twice that I know of, out of 5 coins I've handed out...
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Offline dwarven1

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Starksboro, VT
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 05:42:41 PM »
I had two shooters on my line who were knocking on the door - so I told 'em that the first one who shot a 210 would get it. I'm not sayin' that that's why, but on the next AQT, one of 'em DID shoot a 210...

And, of course, got dowsed with North Bridge Water in addition to getting his patch and the challenge coin.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Offline Mudcat

• Inactive Instructor
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 07:32:12 PM »
I gave one away last year at a shoot. The woman who had help me get the shoot set up at a new range during a very trying times worked very hard at promoting and doing a lot of BOTG and not giving up.  I had intended to give her a coin for her efforts and during the Appleseed she shot the only Rifleman score of the weekend, a 235 no less.
I usually carry one with me but do not give them out unless there has been a rare achievement or a lot of persistence. I think that way they have some significance.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Offline 4bfox

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 09:39:23 PM »
That's a great idea....one that I may "borrow". For outstanding achievement, perseverance, etc....I think a coin would be a GREAT motivator. I know the folks I've given them to were tickled to receive them.....
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Offline SamD

• Inactive Instructor
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 11:34:23 PM »
I think that way they have some significance.

That's what "coins" are supposed to be about  O0

Sam
   Don't ask me, I'm ineffective!
"If you don't write it down, it never happened"
"Fancy schmancy tools have never been a suitable replacement for hard won skill, just a crutch for the motivationally challenged"