News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Maynardville, TN Nov. 7-8

Started by Spanner, November 09, 2009, 10:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spanner

WOW.  What a great group!  I'm speechless (well, actually just pressed for time) so we'll start with the pics:

Early Saturday morning:

TnTimberwright warms us up with some history, before we engage the Redcoats:

The prone position (starring beelo as "Gumby"):

The target line:

IMC:

continued...
" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Spanner

It's Sunday, so TnTimberwright and beelo are running the show:

Sunday attendance was superb:

Karla and Craig:

Spamdra (Sandra), Kendall, and Ted:

Bob, Chad & Keith:

continued...

Spanner

Courtney and Maliya:

Our first Rifleman, Keith, with beelo:

Two more Riflemen!  Jason and Will, with TnTimberwright:

I'm so sorry I don't have pictures of grasshopper and Janis, our most excellent hosts.  Craig was behind the camera (thanks!).

THANK YOU to all of the shooters who came out to make this Appleseed Shoot such a success!

more to come...

grasshopper

The Maynardville shoot on Nov. 7th & 8th was outstanding. The professionalism of the the shoot boss, (spanner), the orange hats, (beelo & TnTimberwright) was outstanding, a real credit to Appleseed.They held everyones attention as well as excellant instructions. I was able to learn alot just by listening and watching,(due to injuries Janis and I were unable to shoot this time around).
To see shooters acheive rifleman, was a real joy. The shooters were great and very respectful to Janis & I as well as our propery. All in all it was a great shoot and a good time for all. THANKS SHOOTERS. We hope to host more shoots in the future, and add more rifleman to the ranks.
On behalf of myself and my wife, thanks & may GOD bless !!
Craig Rieth (grasshopper)
Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death. My oath has no expiration date.

TnTimberwright

VERY EXCELLENT APPLESEED!!!  :)

We had excellent Autumn weather, a very good turnout, an excellent NEW location (Thanks to Craig and Janis Reith allowing us onto their property and even feeding us on Sat. night some excellent venison stew), and of course, I had the added opportunity of two excellent guys to work with (Spanner/SB and beebo/IIT).

The total enthusiasm of the attendees made this extra fun for all of us. We were able to add 3 new Riflemen to our ranks and had some others closing in well. All attendees made major improvements and they definitely enjoyed themselves both days and went to extra lengths to give each of us instructing, as well as our hosts, a sincere and heartfelt thanks at the close on Sunday. @)

I certainly look forward to making Maynardville again soon as the hosts want to see us hold several each year there. As a new location for Appleseed, we had no complaints from neighboring properties and this is a very good location for AS. Craig and Janis stated their intention to do all possible to have more in the future.

Spanner/SB did a great job of trying to keep the "time monkey" beaten down as much as possible. He worked beebo and myself well and kept things moving very systematically with adaptations to the needs of our shooters.  O0

Looks like we have added now a new location per Craig and Janis for holding AS's in East Tennessee. From among our attendees, there were several from other counties in East TN adjacent to each other and much talk on breaks and around the campfire Sat. night indicated the possibility of getting another location over near Gatlinburg. This would be great since it has a very large area to draw upon in all of East TN and especially the Knoxville area.

Oh!! One last thanks to beebo/IIT who was able to get some good LTR's from student for this one. Before the day was out I think we used about 6 LTR's. Student, as some of you here know, teaches marksmanship at East Tn State Univ. He deserves a good tip of the hat for helping us in this way.

Sure was my distinct pleasure to work this one. ;D

Bill/TnTimberwright
Bristol, VA/TN
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.----George Washington

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
----George Washington

Rock Man

Jason and I had a great weekend, although I'm sore all over. Thanks to Spanner, TnTimberwright, beelo, and Craig for hosting and instructing. We're looking forward to the next one.

Keith

Spanner

Hi Rock Man.   :) to see you here on the forum.

I still owe the shooters a write-up on the shoot... and more...  ???

student

Man! I hate I missed this AS.

I'm glad all went well.

Great job guys!

Aaron
Live the life others gave up for you.

www.skillgarden.net

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!

DragonWood

Sounds like it went well, good job everyone!

Sorry I missed it. I actually had a weekend off (and live in TN) but I was in FL teaching an IBC.

I guess the next step is to get an IBC up and running in TN.  I just need time to bid the weekend off as my schedule is done one month prior.

Keep this in mind, let me know.

Thanks to Craig and Janis for letting us host the AS on their property.

DW
Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages. (George Washington)

grasshopper

On behalf of our Commander and the rest of the "TRI COUNTY HONOR GUARD" a very heart felt thanks for the donatons given to us at the shoot and even one mailed to us. As well as providing full military funerals for our vets, we also help with the VFW and American Leigion with candy at parades and fruit baskets for home bound vets for the holidays. Again THANKS for your donations as it will be put to good use.
VETS HELPING & HONORING OUR VETS
Craig Rieth (grasshopper)

Hope to see everyone again when we set up for another AS here in Maynardville!!!
Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death. My oath has no expiration date.