News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New mexico Ranges by County

Started by SamD, November 10, 2009, 11:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

Ok New Mexico
Below a list on NM counties and known ranges in the county
Red are places we have a 'relationship" with
Blue ar places we are presently working on.
The other as places we need to shoot at this year.
Some counties have no range listed, we need to find one. Their sheriff shoots somewhere, we will us it.

Pick one of the untried ranges and lets work them.  If you can ID a range in a county with none listed thats good too.  I know that Las Vegas has a range and I'll get member BM59_fan to work that for us.
On your mark, Get set, Go!

County       Cty Seat       Ranges
Bernalillio       Abq  .       Abq. Shooting Range Park
Catron       Reserve       Glenwood Shooting Range

Chaves       Roswell       Roswell Gun Club
Cibola       Grants      Lazy S Bar C Ranch
                  Cibola Gun Club
Colfax      Raton       NRA Whittington Center
Curry         Clovis       Patriot Outdoors
DeBaca        Ft Sumner
Dona Ana       Las Cruces         Butterfield Shooting Range
Eddy          Carlsbad       City of Carlsbad Shooting Range
Guadalupe       Santa Rosa
Grant         Silver City      Grant County Public Shooting Range
Harding      Mosquero
Hidalgo      Lordsburg
Lea         Lovington       Hobbs Gun Club
Lincoln      Carrizozo      Capitan High Power Shooting Club  
                  Ruidoso Gun Club
Los Alamos      Los Alamos       Los Alamos Sportsman's Club
Luna         Deming
McKinley      Gallup                 Gallup Shooters Inc.
Mora         Mora
Otero         Alamogordo    Sidney Paul Gordon Shooting Range
Quay         Tucumcari       Blue Steel Ranch
Rio Arriba      Tierra Amarilla
Roosevelt      Portales
Sandoval      Bernalillo      Del Norte Gun Club
San Juan      Aztec        San Juan Wildlife Federation
                  La Plata Shooting Range
San Miguel      Las Vegas       
Santa Fe      Santa Fe
Sierra         Truth or
                       Consequences    Sierra County Sheriff's Posse Sports Arena
Socorro      Socorro       Socorro Gun Club
Taos         Taos
Torrance      Estancia       NM Bighorn Gun Club
                  Founders Ranch NM
Union         Clayton
Valencia      Los Lunas      Southwest Shooting Range

Devnull

McKinley County - Gallup Shooters Inc.

Working on them. The key is finding a chance to make it out there for their board meeting which is during a weekday. I'll find a way to make it out there in the VERY near future.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

SamD

Gallup noted, you own it.
Please put it in this thread for tracking purposes  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10461.0

Who's next?

SamD

Devnull

Still working on Gallup. I haven't heard ANYTHING back from my email to them. Unfortunately they don't have an address on their website. I am sending a copy of what I emailed them to have my buddy out there hand deliver to the feller who runs it.

Chris

SamD

How about that fellow that contacted us about Farmington?

Sam

Devnull

Their meeting is next Tuesday. Barring any catastrophic event I plan on attending and asking for a date for a shoot. It's one heck of a drive so I have to be able to get off of work early... Not sure just yet. Maybe he could ask for us? I'll PM him shortly.

SamD

Not worth dying to do it so be careful on the road.
Lotsoweirdness on US491 USTABE US666

nmmi9100

Devnull

To keep everyone in the loop, he setup a time to present to them on 2/1 at 7pm. Again I am not sure if I can get time off of work so I am going to talk to him and see if we cannot get him to do some kind of simple presentation. That is unless there is someone here who CAN get time off to drive to farmington.

Fingers crossed. I did request a couple of hours on that day but it remains to be seen if the request will be granted...

SamD

NMMI9100
The highway to farmington from 40 is now US 491
for 50 years it was US 666 adn coincidentally one of the deadliest streches of road in the USA

nmmi9100

Quote from: SamD on January 15, 2010, 08:14:59 PM
Not worth dying to do it so be careful on the road.
Lotsoweirdness on US491 USTABE US666

I knew the roads, 491 and 666...but chill with the code words like:

"Lotsoweirdness" instead of "Lots of wierdness"
and
"USTABE" instead of "used to be".

USTABE had me stumpted.

-David
Edgewood, NM

ballistic_ken

Maybe I can help here.  I used to be a member of SJWF, but my membership lapsed.  I could fix that real quick.

I'm in Farmington area and could show up at that meeting if you think it might help.

Remember that I am new to Appleseed, so not much help there.

Quote from: Devnull on January 21, 2010, 01:32:16 PM
To keep everyone in the loop, he setup a time to present to them on 2/1 at 7pm. Again I am not sure if I can get time off of work so I am going to talk to him and see if we cannot get him to do some kind of simple presentation. That is unless there is someone here who CAN get time off to drive to farmington.

Fingers crossed. I did request a couple of hours on that day but it remains to be seen if the request will be granted...

SamD

Seriously Ballistic Ken,
All we need is place where it is safe and legal to shoot and some people who are willing to come.

We always try to work through a local club because there is more exposure, but we won't hold our breath waiting for them either.

If you can help Devnull convince them to hold a shoot that would be great, otherwise we'll find some empty land an go to town.  we will have a shoot in that county!

Sam

staplegund

Anybody know anything about Lordsburg for ranges?  I'd like to pay a visit and maybe check out the lower box of the Gila too.  Lots of room in that county.  Not many folks.  Could probably put some fliers out at the restaurant.
Mischief springs from the power which the moneyed interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges... which are employed altogether for their benefit. --Andrew Jackson

SamD

None that I know of in Lordsburg but pull in and ask a the sheriffs office where they go shoot.

Sam

oladcock

Roswell Gun Club gave us a thumbs up for April 17-18. Paperwork on the way...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

SamD

Good deal,
I'll write up the EIP soon as I get the info.
Who do we need to send the insurance info to?

Sam