News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ruger 10/22

Started by BobABQ, November 09, 2009, 12:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobABQ

It has been an ongoing problem with me to see if the OEM magazine is still in the rifle when clearing the line.
Is there or had there been any reason why we don't bring some silver/yellow/other color roll of duct tape and mark the bottom of the magazine for quick identification?

SamD

TaosGlock has been putting fluorescent sticky "dots' on his for along time./
Works real well

Sam

TaosGlock

I now use the "Testors" hobby paint. Works great and stays on better than the paper dots.  I mark my loaner mags, slings, etc.
Get one of the fluorescent colors, the yellow-green is the brightest/best contrast on those black mags.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

BobABQ

I have marked Karins and my magazines with silver spray paint. My thinking was to apply duct tape to student's 10/22 magazines to make it easier for RSO/LSO's to determine if a 10/22 magazine is out while clearing the line.

Any reason we can't have students place colored duct tape on their 10/22 magazines?

SamD

Probably better to try those sticky dots, not so much in the way, easy to remove.

B9

Fluorescent sticky "dots" or paint is a good idea but I prefer to stick my fingers up into the mag well.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin