News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Flyers put out

Started by sparks1, June 12, 2010, 09:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

I had a wedding in St. Cloud today, so I downloaded some Mn. flyers and had Kinkos print off a 100. Since I had some extra time B4 the wedding, I went to Scheels and Gander Mtn to leave some on their gun counter and in the lobby.

I must say that Scheels policy of not posting is incredulous. No lobby bulletin board and the manager would not allow any flyers on the counter. However he did say he would put some in the employee break room and have a couple in the work area behind the gun counter. I thanked him and invited him to come out and shoot an Appleseed.

Gander Mtn was another story !!! Gun area mgr. was enthusiastic and wanted to know about Appleseed. After explaining to him about the program, he said I could put as many as I wanted on the gun counter AND that he would make sure customers would see them. I again thanked him and invited him to an Appleseed.

What a difference. My local Caribou also says it's okay to post one on their bulletin board.  Now I have to get some more out.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Great work!

Yeah, Gander seems to be pretty cool.  As long as you find the right person.
Let's see if it works!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

40poundcat

hellllllllllooooooo Mn.

I am printing some flyers tonight,only half a doz. but i know some good places to put them up,and im going to try to hit up a couple key members of the Redwood sportsman club to see if we can get some shoot time.

KEEP BAILING!!!!!!!!!!! ~~:)
Be Just and fear not (USS HEWITT DD-966) Aug.1986 to Oct.1991 Desert Storm vet.

Master Plumber since 2011 ( but you may call me master)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: 40poundcat on June 25, 2010, 12:27:26 AM
hellllllllllooooooo Mn.

I am printing some flyers tonight,only half a doz. but i know some good places to put them up,and im going to try to hit up a couple key members of the Redwood sportsman club to see if we can get some shoot time.

KEEP BAILING!!!!!!!!!!! ~~:)

Excellent!
Never count a flyer location out, either.
Heck, I recruited a couple shooters from having them printed!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]