News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fergus Falls Rifle and Pistol Club

Started by sparks1, June 15, 2010, 06:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

Okay...here's what I found doing a quick search of Mn. Rifle ranges.

Talked to a board member of FFR&P club. He does want some information regarding AS and over the phone sounded interested. Once he gets AS material, he will present it to the board and see what they think. I told him basically what Appleseed is about and said I would get some information to him.

He described the rifle range as an old gravel pit with back berm and side berms, it is about 50yds wide and 200yd shooting. They also have an indoor pistol range, which, possibly? could be used for a shelter from weather. I guess that would have to be worked out.

I believe this area is ripe for seeding and represents a good location to draw from western Mn. and also eastern ND.

Updates to follow as I know more ....you will too.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

vmt193

Fergus Falls is exactly where we need to be. Good job. O0 I'll get some info out to him right away.

vmt

javaguy

Quote from: vmt193 on June 16, 2010, 09:42:58 AM
Fergus Falls is exactly where we need to be. Good job. O0 I'll get some info out to him right away.

vmt
We have some family out that way and can help promote an AS too.  We visit the battle lake area every summer and stay for a week at a cabin.  I will be bringing my literature along with this year.

sparks1

I have a sister in Evansville, I'm originally from Glenwood. I think we need to get a list of gun shops and sporting goods stores to pamphlet. From Alexandria to Fargo is a good area to advertise. Guess we'll see about the boards response. I saw on the website I found FF on that there are some other gunclubs up that way. Possibly there is an opportunity to put AS flyers at them too.

Javaguy...as long as you are there for a week, can you drive over and look at the range? If not I could make the trip when I visit my sister.

(John Maxwell)

javaguy

Quote from: sparks1 on June 16, 2010, 07:49:25 PM
I have a sister in Evansville, I'm originally from Glenwood. I think we need to get a list of gun shops and sporting goods stores to pamphlet. From Alexandria to Fargo is a good area to advertise. Guess we'll see about the boards response. I saw on the website I found FF on that there are some other gunclubs up that way. Possibly there is an opportunity to put AS flyers at them too.

Javaguy...as long as you are there for a week, can you drive over and look at the range? If not I could make the trip when I visit my sister.
Yes, I will be out there first week of August so for sure will check it out.  Looks easy to find http://www.fergusfallsrifleandpistol.com/Directions.html

sparks1

Great. Glad you found a website. I tryed but failed.

(John Maxwell)

22calgal

I spent 2 winters near Fergus Falls...it's beautiful there and I'd love to come out and be a part of future Appleseed shoots! :---

I am in contact with people who live in Fergus, so keep us posted!!

Jackie Young, Proud to be American

sparks1

Quote from: 22calgal on June 22, 2010, 12:05:18 AM
I spent 2 winters near Fergus Falls...it's beautiful there and I'd love to come out and be a part of future Appleseed shoots! :---

Well come on girl...bring some California flavor to a Mn. Appleseed. Keep an eye on this thread and you'll see how it goes with F.F.

(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: sparks1 on June 22, 2010, 08:56:34 PM
Quote from: 22calgal on June 22, 2010, 12:05:18 AM

Well come on girl...bring some California flavor to a Mn. Appleseed. Keep an eye on this thread and you'll see how it goes with F.F.

Yes, despite the rumors, we can be quite hospitable....
Afterall, JA and SS returned safely.
Then again, no one from CA has been back since....  Hmmm.... Didn't think we were that horrible...

Well, anyway, you are more than welcome!  Come see where the CA AS program was at last year. ;)

AFTERMATH
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]