News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Disabled and Adaptive shooter links of interest.

Started by desertrat144, October 05, 2009, 11:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertrat144

Here' a site with some good ideas and resources: http://www.shooting4disabled.com/
Thank you Ishy!

Current ADA Standards can be found at: http://www.ada.gov/stdspdf.htm  Note: These are large pdf files due to the dimensioned drawings.

If you know of, or have come across any links for adaptive shooting or training, please feel free to post them here, or PM me.  Thanks for stopping by.
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Cowboy

I have had bi-lateral knee replacements and cannot transition from standing to sitting or prone within the allotted time for the AQT.  What allowances can be made so that I can attempt to qualify and make rifleman?  I am registered for an Appleseed Oct 2-3, 2010.  Thanks.
"Liberty or Death"

nmmi9100

Quote from: Cowboy on September 23, 2010, 02:05:48 PM
I have had bi-lateral knee replacements and cannot transition from standing to sitting or prone within the allotted time for the AQT.  What allowances can be made so that I can attempt to qualify and make rifleman?  I am registered for an Appleseed Oct 2-3, 2010.  Thanks.

Cowboy:

Sure enjoyed your range on the inaugural shoot.  Appreciate all you do for the program.

Here's how we've been doing it in New Mexico and it's kinda like how Highpower handles non-transitioning folks.

1.  Folks that can't transition, don't transition .  Start in sitting, stay in sitting.  Start in prone, stay in prone.

2.  Folks that can't transition WILL NOT shoot prior to the first shot being fired by a transitioning shooter.  This eliminates the time advantage for not making the transition and puts you on equal footing with the transitioning shooters.

If you accomplish a Rifleman's score and follow the above two guidelines, your rifleman's score counts.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Thank you for the post.  I (personally) believe that more of the NRA & CMP Disabled Manuals should, and may well be incorporated into Appleseed COF & Awards.  dr144