News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Santa Barbara, California 10/31-11/1 2009 Appleseed AAR

Started by jacques, November 02, 2009, 01:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artkat2

Nina
  If you are still looking for .22 in SLO, try Range masters on Granada. They will only sell you 200 rds at a time, but if you go in with a couple of friends...
See you in Piru.
  Andy
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

jacques

I will bring my shooting mat. I will also bring my 10/22. I was just in Goleta Valley Gun shop and he has .22 ammo. Just ask the guy what you get for a 10/22. You should get 500 rds. The federal bulk pack is the worse stuff.

Here, I will PM you, then you just have to reply. Just click on MY MESSAGES (above) to get it.

Quote from: LibertyMinded on November 05, 2009, 09:56:35 PM
Jacques,

Thanks for the kind offer, I forgot about the wait period (darn government) How do you PM someone? I will take you up on a borrowed 10/22. Do you have an extra pad? I will be buying one soon but I'm not sure if it will arrive in time. I really thought long and hard about the boot camp (darn work).

LaLoPro,

I felt the water and I like it just fine! I agree that spreading the seed is very important and will do what I can to assist Jacques.

Fred,

Thanks for the welcome.
I love that quote and to find out it was probably never spoken by Jefferson kind of ruined my day  :-[  Thanks for the link, looks like I will be spending some time there.

Debbie

Two Words-Meriams Corner

LibertyMinded

For those of you needing ammo, Ventura Gun Show is this weekend(7th and 8th). For those of you who need ammo and can't make it, PM me and I will buy extra and bring it to Piru next weekend.

Debbie
Debbie

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

LayloPro

what a shameful ploy to advertize!

Whatever it takes, Ken, whatever it takes...... <:)
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Happy2BAlive

Hey, Debbie!  Thanks for thinking of me, :) but as Jacques already stated, I've signed up for the boot camp.  I've already got most the .22 ammo I need, but will be stopping by the gun show on the way down tomorrow.  Don't know if you remember Woody from the Ventura and Santa Barbara Ron Paul meetups, (he was at the Santa Monica Ron Paul Tea Party that we carpooled to back in '07 - can you believe it'll be 2 years next month? (BTW: it was great seein' ya again - at AS no less!)) - anyway, he's done 2 AS at Piru and will be standing in line at the gun show bright and early 8 am (1 hour before opening #)) 'cause he said the last show had a long waiting line to get in.  If I can make it down before he walks in, he said he'd give me "cuts". lol  But that would mean leaving here 'round 6:30 a.m. and I don't know if I'm ready for that 'cause I think I'll be up late packin' for BC.

I don't have a rifle to bring, but I already talked to Bob and he said he'd bring rifles for me.  I ran into the same dilemma as you, Deb - 10 day waiting period.  Even if I had purchased a rifle Monday morning right after SB AS, I still wouldn't have it in time for this week's BC.  (Another frustrating situation !@#)   I know as soon as I get through getting all my gear, a lot of it will subside. @) ) I'm hoping to pick some brains 'round the camp fire this week in re to rifles, gear, etc. so as to make more informed purchases.

OK, I gotta get goin' to the store to pick up last minute details for this week, so this is probably my last post until after BC.

Lookin' forward to seein' you next weekend - and everyone else, too! 8)

~ n

Marpat Pippi

A third place in SB to get a rifle is Custom Cartridge. They will help you buy by appt only. They are a specialty shop. They sell for 10% above their cost if you know what you want or 10% less than MSRP if they have to help you find the rifle for you. You can call to make an appointment. Their website is http://customcartridge.com/. They are located in old town Goleta.

colycat

Looking at this shoot from afar,  I would have to say, YOU ALL DID A GREAT JOB :~
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

LayloPro

Dead on correct Coly...it was a good great job by the instructor's O0.....the merry bunch here really picked up their ball & ran with it..... @) <:)

'Bout all I had to do was kind of walk around a bit, talk with spectators coming up to see what was going on, and offer "gentle points" to the crew....they have got it going on up here, & I was just happy to be there to hold their coats, and bring the suntan lotion.... :)

I'm looking for great things out of this area....there's some -motivated- folks right there..... O0 <:) O0

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.