News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

An appleseed in every Massachusetts county.

Started by crak, October 19, 2009, 08:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crak

Boy are those other states going to hate us... After they post their lists of 60, 70, 110 counties... we only have to do 14.

Still, I couldn't help but wince when I found out three of our four ranges were on the northern, eastern, and western borders of one lousy county!

Here's what we have to get done.  We should do it this year.

Barnstable
Berkshire
Bristol (Mansfield)
Dukes
Essex
Franklin (Leyden)
Hampden
Hampshire
Middlesex (Lexington/Concord IBC)
Nantucket
Norfolk
Plymouth
Suffolk
Worcester (Harvard, Athol, Winchendon)

14 Counties... 4 down 10 to go.

Check your drama at the door.

SamD

How can you call them counties?  Sure they aren't townships or villages or hamlets or something?
That whole thing will fit inside any two real counties.  ;D ;D ;D

Sam

crak

SamD

Probably  ;)  but keep setting them up anyway.

I'm just itching to see the first County Coordinator appointed.

Sam

Garand69

**) Yes your Cheatin with only 14 Counties, but I'm sure your are challenged with politics which kinda makes it fair......plus you should get some credit for having a firing line in one county, shooting over a second and the target line in a third, because Fred isn't going to let you drop the distance to 10M  **)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Mark D

Whoa there now!  You all leave my friend Crak alone!  ;D  Just because you have counties that cover 2 gazillion square miles of cacti.  What are you gonna do, teach the Gila Monsters to shoot?  I'll tell you this, a pair of Suffolk Counties in Kennedy country beats a straight of Bernalillo Counties (and both people in it) any day of the week.  :D

And, Garand69...please don't tell me that you have to contend with all the liberals in Chi-town either.  They all moved to DC last January.  You don't have any left after you went and decided to share them all with the rest of us.

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

charliew

I live in Dukes. Our gun club has a 50 yard pistol/centerfire range and there's only room for two people at a time. (It's mostly a skeet club.) There are no other ranges here.

crak

Hmm, might have to have a 2 person appleseed, then.

Anyway, excellent news, we've just filled in Franklin County.  Just talked to the President of a the Leyden Rifle Club and they're all set to start doing an AS every other month starting May!

..:..

crak

Alright, Here's Goal's list of affiliated clubs. Is anyone a member, or does anyone know a member at any of the following locations we need to target:

No foolin, we need to hit those six shoots.  

Barnstable County
Barnstable County League of Sportsmen
Bass River Rod & Gun Club
Cape Cod Fish & Game Association
Falmouth Rod and Gun Club, Inc.
Falmouth Skeet Club, Inc.
Monument Beach Sportsmans Club, Inc.
Nauset Rod & Gun Club, Inc.
Otis Fish & Game Club, Inc.
Sagamore Rifle Club
Shawme Fish & Game Club, Inc.
West Barnstable Deer Club, Inc.

Berkshire County
Berkshire County League of Sportsmen's Clubs
Lee Sportsmen's Association
Lenox Sportsmen's Club
Stockbridge Sportsmen's Club

Dukes County
Martha's Vineyard Rod & Gun Club

Essex County
League of Essex County Sportsman
Andover Sportsmen's Club
Cape Ann Sportsman's Club
Danvers Fish & Game Club
Eastern Rifle & Revolver
Georgetown Fish & Game Association
Hamilton/Wenham Rod & Gun Club
Haverhill Hound Rod & Gun Club, Inc.
Ipswich Fish & Game
Lawrence Rod & Gun Club
North Shore Redmen Rifle & Pistol Club, Inc.

Franklin County
Franklin County League of Sportsmen's Club
Ashfield Rod & Gun Club
Conway Sportsmen's Club
Orange Gun Club, Inc.

Hampden County
Agawam Revolver Club
Chicopee Sportsmen's Club
Holyoke Revolver Club, Inc.
Lee Sportsmen's Association
Ludlow Fish & Game Club
Nenameseck Sportsmen's Club
Pioneer Valley Sportsmen's Club
Pittsfield Sportsmen's Club
South Hadley Sporting Club
Springfield Sportsman's Club, Inc.
West Springfield Fish & Game
Western Massachusetts Bird Dog Club
Western Massachusetts Duck Hunters Assoc.
Westfield Sportsman's Club

Hampshire County
Easthampton Fish & Game Association
Granby Bow & Gun Club
Northampton Revolver Club
Norwottuck Fish & Game
Swift River Sportsman's Club
Worthington Rod & Gun Club

Plymouth County
Carver Sportsman's Club
Fin, Fur, & Feather Club of Mattapoisett
Hanson Rod & Gun Club
Marshfield Rod and Gun Club
Middleboro Sportsmen's Club
Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc., Inc.
Plymouth Rod & Gun Club
Satucket Rifle & Revolver Club
Scituate Rod & Gun Club
Sippican Rod & Gun Club
Standish Sportsman's Assoc.

crak

Lupis42 stepped up with an excellent contact at Westford in Middlesex.

Anybody else?

MrBB

I am a member of Nenameseck Sportsmen's Club.

crak

Libertyxxx

Awesome Idea to get a shoot in every county. This however never gets done by itself.  Im sure any red hat will help you run a shoot at your club if you start the ground work they will finish!
"Urgency" was the word Fred talk us at the Boot Camp.

my thoughts

ramp1516

When I did appleseed last year, there were only 2 locations in MA.  I went, and brought friends, but it was a challenge due to the distance we had to travel.  We also had to get a local hotel.  Not sure how many Appleseed events there are now, but to make them more accessible, may be good as a starting point to try to get one in each region - i.e. north of boston, south shore, cape cod, far western MA, and south central MA, then from there spread to one in each county.