News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

An Appleseed in every County

Started by SamD, October 18, 2009, 10:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

NM has 33 Counties we have had shoots in 5 so far and will have shoots in 2 new ones by New Years day
Red Counties have had more than 1,
Green Counties one
yellow are pending

Bernallio
Chaves
Cibola
Colfax
Curry
BeBaca
Dona Anna
Eddy
Grant
Guadalupe
Harding
Hidalgo
Lea
Lincoln
Los Alamos
Luna
McKinley
Mora
Otero
Quay
Rio Arriba
Roosevelt
Sandoval
San Juan
San Miguel
Santa Fe
Sierra
Socorro
Taos
Torrance
Union
Valencia

The idea is to have one per county per month.
That means we need a bunch more folks with red hats and a bunch more range arranging, so let's get cracking  O0

The signal that you have reached success is when you have to appoint a "County Coordinator" O0

Sam

Garand69

33 COUNTIES!!! You folks are cheatin worse than Wisconsin!!! **)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

SamD

We aren't cheating, we just have counties of reasonable size, mine is 6600 sq miles, a middling sized county for out here. I think the biggest Illinoisy county is not quite 1/6th that size and most are little 450 sq mile inkblots.
Illinoisy counties can be crossed in 3 throws of a stone, 102, itty, bitty, dinky little counties in a state that doesn't hardly rate but maybe 3. 

Of course if you have more counties you can erect "a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance"   &)

More political subdivisions, more opportunity to buy and sell offices and line the pockets.  >:D

Thanks Garand69 but we'll stick with our allotted 33  O0

Sam

nmmi9100

Great idea, SamD.  I think we can beat Texas on this deal...they've got 254... HA HA!

-David
Edgewood, NM

SamD

Them Texas counties are dinky little things too.
Every one that owns a Dairy Queen and an outhouse can have a county in Texas.

Sam

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz