Project Appleseed

After Action Reports! => After Action Reports => Topic started by: Warriorpoet on September 29, 2026, 02:57:53 PM

Title: September 26-27 , 2026 AAR Bonfiield, IL (ISRA RANGE)
Post by: Warriorpoet on September 29, 2026, 02:57:53 PM
Thank you ISRA Range for hosting Project Appleseed. Once again your hospitality was wonderful as was your five star range and facilities!

What a glorious weekend for freedom and marksmanship! Perfect early fall Chicago weather.  We had 14 hearty souls come to learn and hear some great history and learn some well taught POI's.  Thanks to my team of amazing instructors and IITs! I'm thankful for your overwhelming support and of course your botomless reserve of knowledge and skill. You made

Tales of the tape...
Dan S and Steve Requalified as Riflemen on Saturday. Dan set a hard pace at 231. On Sunday we had Alex, Jakub, join Dan again requalifying their riflemen staus. Then we had a first time Appleseeder, who showed us all how to do it the old fashioned way and with iron sites cranked out a 222!  Congrats Julian! This was obviously not your first rodeo with a rifle, but you were one of the few that did it all at 1X !

Tiger, your Dad may have showed the family how it's done, but you are right there with him. Great job! I have to say, you better watch your little sister, she is pretty awesome (and first time Appleseeder) and is right on your tail! Thank you both for being patient and diligent as our junior shooters. You are our future and are making it look bright!

Thank everyone for having a teachable mindset.  I hope you also had a health takeaway from the moving stories of our founding generation from Geek, JHB, and Windrunner. Please go out and live a life that honors what they gave us.  Be well and free!

Warriorpoet

ps Please feel free to attach any pictures or email them to me at michael.weinstein@appleseedinfo.org and I will post them. Thank you all and I hope to see you on the line again soon!

Title: Re: September 26-27 , 2026 AAR Bonfiield, IL (ISRA RANGE)
Post by: Warriorpoet on September 29, 2026, 03:04:18 PM
More Pictures
Title: Re: September 26-27 , 2026 AAR Bonfiield, IL (ISRA RANGE)
Post by: Warriorpoet on September 29, 2026, 03:06:52 PM
more pictures #2
Title: Re: September 26-27 , 2026 AAR Bonfiield, IL (ISRA RANGE)
Post by: QD on September 29, 2026, 10:20:16 PM
Not to be that guy, but my score of 223 was also shot with irons ;)

Thanks for a great weekend!!

-Alex
Title: Re: September 26-27 , 2026 AAR Bonfiield, IL (ISRA RANGE)
Post by: Geek on September 30, 2026, 07:55:20 AM
What a great weekend.  Between the weather and the shooters, I could not have asked for a better place to spend the weekend.   Congratulations to those that made Rifleman's score.  I saw a lot of improvement in everyone.  A Rifleman persists.  Dry practice the skills we covered over the weekend.  You will be amazed what practicing the fundamentals can do when you get back to live fire.
Title: Re: September 26-27 , 2026 AAR Bonfiield, IL (ISRA RANGE)
Post by: coffee_bean on September 30, 2026, 08:09:00 AM
Quote from: QD on September 29, 2026, 10:20:16 PMNot to be that guy, but my score of 223 was also shot with irons ;)

Thanks for a great weekend!!

-Alex

Alex was a LOT better than I was; I think he qualified Rifleman 2x this weekend!

I'm hoping to like him at my NEXT Appleseed. I had a great weekend; Appleseed was everything I had hoped it would be. Can't wait to try to get Distinguished next time...
Title: Re: September 26-27 , 2026 AAR Bonfiield, IL (ISRA RANGE)
Post by: QD on September 30, 2026, 09:19:14 AM
Quote from: coffee_bean on September 30, 2026, 08:09:00 AM
Quote from: QD on September 29, 2026, 10:20:16 PMNot to be that guy, but my score of 223 was also shot with irons ;)

Thanks for a great weekend!!

-Alex

Alex was a LOT better than I was; I think he qualified Rifleman 2x this weekend!

I'm hoping to like him at my NEXT Appleseed. I had a great weekend; Appleseed was everything I had hoped it would be. Can't wait to try to get Distinguished next time...

"A lot better" is a stretch, you were shooting great! I bet if we had a few more AQTs, we both could have earned "distinguished" patches.
Title: Re: September 26-27 , 2026 AAR Bonfiield, IL (ISRA RANGE)
Post by: Warriorpoet on September 30, 2026, 02:13:16 PM
Sorry to misspeak QD. No slight intended.  Looking forward to seeing you guys out there again!