Project Appleseed

States and Regions - Connect Locally! => SouthEast => Tennessee => Topic started by: SwampRat on September 27, 2026, 04:29:51 PM

Title: TN Known Distance Rifle Question
Post by: SwampRat on September 27, 2026, 04:29:51 PM
First
I completed at 25M clinic in May 2026
I am signing up for a Known Distance event in October.
 After reading the requirements for the event I have a question about which of the following rifles would be best for the class.
My choices are
A Springfield M1A, with iron sights, 18 inch barrel, and a GI Sling.
or
An AR Pattern, 5.56 with a 3x Optic with a BDC

Thanks for your advice.
Title: Re: TN Known Distance Rifle Question
Post by: icecoldkidd on September 27, 2026, 11:56:32 PM
Which ever rifle you are more comfortable shooting with and potentially have the most experience shooting out to distance.

Project Appleseed, from what I have been told, was originally a M1 or M1A event, and adapted into more than just that.

So either rifle will work. KD is a Hits Count course.

Side Note: what is your physical fitness level - are you shooting from stationary position or moving from distance to distance - that 9-11 lb. M1A could become labor some over the course of the day as well as ammo.