It was a beautiful weekend at the Palmetto Gun Club in Ridgeville, SC. We sure appreciate the club's support!
If you've ever thought about becoming an Appleseed volunteer and wondered if it was something you could do... the answer is yes! The way to turbocharge your skills as an instructor is to attend an Instructor Boot Camp! (We offer them at no charge to new volunteers.)
One of my mentor's once told me, "Everyone needs an IBC, from orange hat to MI." He's right. I learn stuff at every one I attend and so will you! Ridgeville 8-26 was no different! A small but dedicated group from South Carolina and Georgia came out for the weekend.
On Saturday, we learned about the fundamentals of teaching and how to teach key blocks of instruction with simplicity and precision. We also had discussion about telling history effectively.
We reassembled on Sunday morning and got back to work. We kicked off the day practicing Talking Targets, IMC and other topics. :)
Lunch on Sunday is always the highlight of the weekend for me. Google led us through the history drill. Each attendee had been assigned a topic in advance and a time limit of three minutes. It's lots of fun and everyone learns something new. I want to recognize Kevlar for his detailed telling of the Jason Russell story.
My thanks and appreciation to Kevlar, KarlHofen, iflyka200s, and Bullseye-Belle for their hard work. All of you demonstrated tremendous potential! I am especially grateful to DEH, the South Carolina State Coordinator who helped arrange this event.
A special shout-out to Google for co-facilitating the weekend. Thanks for making this event easy for me!
Everyone, thank you for attending Ridgeville 8-26!
in Liberty,
MO
P.S. Of course, no AAR is complete without pics... I got just a few. If you have more pics, please share them!
Group pic...
(https://i.imgur.com/mCVeN2D.jpeg)
Belle receiving a challenge coin on behalf of our National Coordinator for outstanding performance.
(https://i.imgur.com/8YLXNK1.jpeg)
Kevlar receiving a Rifleman Cheek Rest for his excellent storytelling.
(https://i.imgur.com/lYCiZxu.jpeg)
Here are some more pics from an excellent weekend. Many thanks to Google and Maximum Ordinate for the time and effort spent.
(https://i.imgur.com/EYOVayF.jpeg)
Bullseye Belle teaching IMC
(https://i.imgur.com/9smrgUK.jpeg)
Karl really getting into the history
(https://i.imgur.com/UreRlVL.jpeg)
MaxOrd teaching where dinner will be.
Awesome. IBC AAR's are among my favorite to read.
MamaPinks and I try to make the California IBC's every year since I took an orange hat and she took a blue one.
I don't know what exactly happened, but this year, after feeling like I completely stank on ice at the rifle IBC, something clicked. One month later at the Pistolseed reblue, somehow, there was a groove.
I now advocate for attending an annual IBC if you can swing it.
Not only are you learning how to teach Appleseed, the methods translate in how to be more effective at teaching/instructing/imparting information in every day life.
IBCs are the bomb! ^:)^ ^:)^
Awesome! So many familiar faces. Great job everybody! O0