News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

McMinnville TN AAR Apr 2-3, 2022

Started by ArmyVet, April 04, 2022, 10:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmyVet

A cool windy morning greeted the Appleseed Cadre at Mountain Top Gun and Archery Range in McMinnville TN. Many thanks to our hosts! We have always enjoyed the use of this wonderful range and hope to continue our relationship into the future.

Despite the chill wind, we went right to work setting up the target line. In case you ever wondered how many Instructors it takes...  ;D

Nashville Stage takes the students through the 6 Steps of Firing the Shot:

I am grateful we had such a large cadre this weekend. All students were able to get  one-on-one coaching on the line:

And plenty of watchful eyes during transition stages:

The Rifleman journey continues with standing practice:

Sunday arrived with stronger winds and a potent wind-chill. They don't call it Mountain Top for 'nuthin! Fortunately, our hosts have a spacious meeting area for instruction with several restrooms  O0
Our TPI, led by our IITs, was detailed and thorough:

Corgi Mom reviewing IMC:

Always thrilled to see youth shooters! Happy to present Youth Patches to our posterity  O0

Our Cadre was furiously scoring AQTs and awarding Rifleman Patches (Patriots Day full-color was a big hit!).

Many of our shooters proved that they know very well what they are about! Thad scored 222, Tyler scored 217 and 223, Simon scored 227, and Chris scored 210 earning  a refreshing baptismal with the water of the North Bridge:

We were honored to be visited by several Master Instructors on Sunday including our National Coordinator, Maximum Ordinate. A good Shoot Boss delegates, so we put him right to work presenting our Instructors with Patriot's Day Rifleman patches.
Booney Stomper scores 214

Corgi Mom scores 219

Palousie scores 214

Nashville Stage scores 229 with a bolt-action rifle  O0

This was a Patriot's Day event which made it especially meaningful for our history and heritage presentations. EagleKeeper, Nashville Stage and OverMountain presented the Three Strikes wonderfully.

Many thanks to our students for joining us for a Patriot's Day event.
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Ramblin' Wreck

OH, ONE MORE THING!  ;D
ArmyVet was too modest to mention that he was promoted to Shoot Boss at the event. Maybe someone with more talent than the old Wreck has at posting pictures will put some up.
Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Palousie

I only got to attend on Sunday, but I had a great time! I got a picture of the new green hat, but owing to a technology glitch, I lost the pictures of Cleveland's silver hat exchange! I do have the pics of the silver hat on, though!  The pictures I took are added below. I still think my favorite is the one of the garand with the clip and the brass flying out.

Cleveland

What a great group of shooters.

As always, the Trail Life youth and leaders were great to work with.

Lucas, I hope to see you back on the line with your dad soon.

Congratulations to all the new rifleman, to those that missed a rifleman score, remember a rifleman persists.

Simon, keep working towards that Distinguished score, you are getting close.

Army Vet did a great job running this event. His hard work and attention to detail showed.

Lasty, it was great to see the cadre that hadn't qualified recently, get on the line and show that they can walk the walk.

Huzzah,
Cleveland
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

Ramblin' Wreck

What awesome pictures! Thanks Palousie.
Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown