News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Missoula, MT Patriot's Day Appleseed, 23-24APR2022

Started by peterlandsiedel, April 25, 2022, 09:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterlandsiedel

What a weekend!

We had just over one dozen shooters come out and join us for a weekend of marksmanship, history, and camaraderie.  Missoula weather was fickle and temperamental as she always is, but we enjoyed mostly warm weather and the rain held off until after the shoot was over. 

Mark and Kaiser came out as shooters and it was a distinct pleasure to have them on the line.  It's been too long since the three of us were together at a shoot and I think having you both there was probably this shoot boss's favorite part of the weekend.

Ravi came back to another shoot, and twisted Mike's arm into joining us.  You two are a hoot on the line.  Ravi smoked the AQT with an M1 carbine, qualifying (again) as a rifleman. Reggie also came back, and made great strides as a shooter.  Suzie was another repeat shooter who also brought a friend, Wendy.  The two of you were a pleasure to have on the line and watching you both make improvements was a real joy.  Lori and Cole joined us, from out of town and your enthusiasm for the program is infectious.  Message me and I'll see about getting a shoot set up this year near Helena!  If we can get Cole to another one before basic, I'm down.

Kjell and Genevieve came out and we all got to embarrass her by singing happy birthday. Thanks for being a good sport!  Genevieve also shot exceedingly well and I fully expect her to shoot rifleman at her next shoot.  Kjell, of course, was putting up rifleman score after rifleman score.  Finally, my man Mike was on the line and knocking on the door of rifleman.  You are right on the cusp of getting that badge my friend.  Let's hit the range and make it happen.

I want to thank my fellow instructors, Sean, Marshall, and Dolan, for helping put on the shoot this weekend.  You are a credit to the program and I couldn't do it without you.  Special thanks to Mark and Kaiser for also helping out, "official" or not.  Finally, I want to thank Paul Miner and the Deer Creek range for being stalwart supporters of the program.

Til next time!

KjellKod

Genevieve and I loved it (as usual). We will try to figure out some in-between Appleseed time to get out of the range with ya