News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mansfield, MA April 23-24 2022 AAR

Started by mwolf, April 25, 2022, 05:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwolf

We had a line full of new shooters for our Mansfield Patriot's Day event! The weather could not have been better - if only I had remembered that sunblock exists before Saturday evening. We got through the fundamentals and positions on Saturday, ending with a couple rapid AQTs. On Sunday, we finished our history, reviewed fundamentals, and got into the AQT grind.

This event was probably the most hands-on we have had in a long time with so many first time students who were in the stage of figuring out their equipment, learning how to shoot accurately, or both. I am impressed with the progress people made and the tenacity they demonstrated. in one case a shooter started the final redcoat on Sunday with her scope detached from her rifle, and turned down an equivalent loaner!

We minted one new Rifleman - Joe showed us that it was indeed his jumpy front sight holding back all his egg-shooting skills, coming in at 211 with a loaner rifle! We had several others break 200, and everyone showed significant improvement and knew much more what they were about by the end of the weekend!

I might not have awarded any other Rifleman patches, but everyone who showed up has everything they need to make Rifleman if they keep at it and practice.

If anyone needs a place to practice, Mansfield Fish and Game is a big friend of Appleseed and we thank them for the amount of time they let us have on their range. Members do not have to pay the range fee, and I think they have some open slots right now...

Round Trip

Good Appleseed teaching days.   Bright Sun on Saturday, partly cloudy Sunday with fair temperatures.  Mostly beginners and Women from the from the "The Well Armed Women" Massachusetts chapter based in this same Mansfield F&G range. The Saturday instruction and History were steady and thorough and thoughtful.  Sunday with tended sunburns, scrapes and sore elbows shot groups shrunk and good hits were being made.  You know it's a good and productive time when all hang around to clean up and chat afterwards.  100%
Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is.   Jeane Kirkpatrick