News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester, TN, June 25-26, 2011

Started by dond, June 27, 2011, 11:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

This is just a quick note before I head home. Nine shooters arrived Saturday morning. Four returned early Sunday morning and all but one of the remainder returned after church. All the shooters were at their first AS, except for one, a youth, who was the son of one of the instructors. And all of them wound up borrowing rifles from the instructors. Therefore, things progressed rather slowly Saturday. But they picked up Sunday and great improvement was noted. One shooter earned the Rifleman's Patch with a 210, and then upped it to a 221. Others were closing in on it. There was a 200, and some in the 190s and 180s.  All the shooters were enthusiastic and are expected to return to future events. We were hampered some Sunday by rainstorms, one of which was severe. Fortunately, the firing line was covered.

The instructors are to be thanked for doing an excellent job, as well a having several rifles to loan out. A special thanks go to Tncolonel for doing his usual fine job of promoting the event. Unfortunately, several local events seemed to hamper the attendance this time.  :(

The history was well received, as usual, and three Youth Patches were well earned. I expect pictures will follow this post.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

TN_Dadx5

As one of the Instructors, I want to thank every one of the participants.  You are to be commended for your persistence and attitude.  The instructor corps could tell that there was some frustration with not attaining expectations, but you all kept at it. 

You probably don't fully understand how much learning was squeezed into you or how much improvement really took place.  On average the group size on the first Redcoat was about about 6" at 25 yds (quick, how much is that in MOA?  Answer's below).  But we saw many end Sunday with groups smaller than 4 MOA and just about everyone's groups were below 6 MOA.

Olivia, Hanna, Peter and Nathan were attentive and great to work with.  I hope to see you all at another Appleseed soon.  Nicole, Greg and Kip, I really enjoyed working with you and I hope that I wasn't too bothersome.  I know it can be distracting to have someone hovering around in the corner of your vision and constantly harping  &) on trigger control, dragging wood or whatever!  All I've got to say is "The beatings will continue until the marksmanship improves!"

Unfortunately, I was spending too much time beating participants that I didn't take any pictures.  Hopefully, someone else did and can post them.
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed