News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lobelville, TN April 17 &18, 2010 - AAR

Started by Big Papa, April 19, 2010, 11:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa

Great shoot and beautiful weather. Just a sprinkle of rain, wow, that's different.
32 total shooters.
Two new Riflemen. Way to go guys!
A big thanks to Janet for allowing us to use her pasture!
Thank you to every who came.
Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

jpanderson80

We had a wonderful time over the weekend.  Getting to see friends and make new ones is always great.  It seems that we had a large chunk of shooters that were under 20 years old!  It's great to see young folks coming out, hearing history and getting a chance to see that it's just not only about shooting.

Saturday was fun.  The organized volley fire while reading the names was new and very neat to think about - that across the country 3,000 or so shooters were doing the same thing. 

Sunday was even more fun.  I'm proud of Pete's persistence and going from 6inch groups to Rifleman standard in a matter of hours!  He's not the only one though.  Several others had improved tremendously over the weekend! 

Thank you Janet, for letting us tromp on your land and knock those briars down! 

To ALL - Remember to DRY FIRE!!!  Targets are available on the forums! 

- Jeremy

Tennessee - the patron state of "shootin' stuff"

Bigdaddy

I had a great time. I am working on the rifle to try and eliminate the jams.....so close yet so far away. see you all next time.  I would post some piucs if I knew how.
Best to all,
Robert

Old Glory!

Here is an e-mail that came in to RWVAinfo.   O0

Hopefully this is getting to the Anderson Family & will be passed on to the other instructors who were with you this weekend in Lobelville, TN...

Just a quick note in appreciation of a fantastic weekend of learning & sharing! I cannot thank you all enough for sharing your time & knowledge, I am truly grateful. I learned so much this weekend, much more than I expected I would. You all put forth such fantastic presentations with professionalism & integrity. It was a five star weekend for me. I am looking very forward to attending an Appleseed again here in FL & hopefully with you again sooner than later.

Thank you again!

Until next time,

Rachel

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

sarah stewart

This past weekend was another outstanding event with Appleseed. This time I was privileged, (or was it forced by the Shoot Boss b/c of my nerves), to be standing on the line looking down at a string of enthusiastic shooters on their bellies. listening intently for line commands, working those bolts with proficiency after a couple of hours, and striving to do all that was instructed them. It was a beautiful sight to me. I could not help but be drawn into the importance of it all. My own two boys were among the group of eager students, along with more than a half dozen of their friends; girls and guys alike in their late teens and twenties. It is always moving to study the diverse group of people that gather around these weekends. I do believe that is part of the magic that takes place when attending an Appleseed event.
                                               Thank-you to all who attended and instructed,
                                                                   Sarah Stewart 

jpanderson80

Here's a couple of photos of the great weekend!
Papa - giving some background on the Regulars' weapon of choice
Sarah presenting Lee with his Rifleman patch. 
Tennessee - the patron state of "shootin' stuff"