News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Afton, OK Oct. 8-9, 2011

Started by henschman, October 10, 2011, 02:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henschman

It was a another great event at Excalibur Sporting Goods with 19 shooters on Saturday and 14 on Sunday.  The weather was fabulous.  We had one Rifleman on the first AQT on Sautrday, and another on the last AQT of the day on Sunday.  A couple of our IITs re-qualified as well.  Mike Nelson, the range owner, was very helpful (as usual) in getting our shooters set up with LTRs, swivels, slings, Tech Sights, and various gunsmithing.  Thanks to IITs Johndeereboy and hangfire for coming in from neighboring states to help out.  Our first Rifleman, David, also took a lot of pictures.  Hopefully he will be on here soon to post them. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Scarecrow

I will have some pics and comments later also.

Scarecrow

Pics first.

Scarecrow

All Appleseed weekends are good. This one was terrific.
There were 5 youth shooters. Three of them were first timers.
Isaac, Will and Betsy.
All three improved their rifle skills considerably.
Best of all Betsy (12 years old?)went from no hits on paper to an outstanding ten round group on Sunday morning. Great results considering she is left handed running a right handed rifle.  O0
Ian (one of our returning participants) had a birthday recently and wanted to attend another Appleseed event as his birthday present.
My crystal ball shows an instructors hat in the future for this young man. (Hint, hint) @)

Here is the center square by Betsy, Sunday morning after some sight adjustments.

4bfox

Wow...look at that line...great job guys!  O0
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10