News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Shreveport, LA, 8-9 October, 2011

Started by POP, October 09, 2011, 11:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP

A fine weekend in the company of Riflemen.
7 shooters on the line Saturday, 8 Sunday:
A pair of brothers from the Lake Charles area, a Grandfather / Grandson team, a Father with his two sons, and one other individual.
Instructors were McPeek, kd50zj, POP, and Louisiana's newest Orange Hat "bttrthnchprthndrt" [I think I have that right] We'll just call him Matt.  His forum handle is the name of one of our favorite equipment dealers without the vowels.  ask him why?   
Our high AQT was 198 shot with an AR platform chambered in 7.62x39; our next highest shooter was in the high 180s. 
I was especially proud of our three youths ages 12, 12, and 14.  All showed improvement by end of day Sunday.  Mostly they never gave up, just kept on trying.  They'll get there.
That's all for now.  Pics coming.
Thanks Stephen (SB), Alan, and Matt.  Alan did a great job of running the line on Sunday.  This was Matt's first event as instructor ... Thanks for taking the OH Matt, you did great this weekend.
Stephen and Alan drive up from Lafayette, LA, probably a 4 1/2 hour drive.  Thank ya'll for your dedication.
POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

"Our high AQT was 198 shot with an AR platform chambered in 7.62x39"

That can't be! That round isn't accurate!  **) ++)

Sounds like a great shoot!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

POP

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on October 10, 2011, 03:02:09 PM
"Our high AQT was 198 shot with an AR platform chambered in 7.62x39"
That can't be! That round isn't accurate!  **) ++)

Yes, we know that round isn't accurate, don't we?
I seem to remember an RBC Davilla "11-08" ... a young dapper SNAITF at 700 yds shot a nice group in sitting position with that round.  Oh, but, that was with an AK. ::)

Thanks, Steve.  See you on the trail.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)