News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shenandoah, IA - Oct, 1-2

Started by BuzzG, October 03, 2011, 02:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuzzG

What a great weekend to be in the heartland of America! Perfect weather, excellent hosts, great range, attentive shooters and some good instruction too, made for a memorable weekend in Shenandoah, IA. This will get things started for now. Thank-you shooters for investing your time with Appleseed. You all have the heart of a Rifleman.

More to follow...

BuzzG

triumphman

Buzz G thank you for all of your help this past weekend!! You and the other instructors did a great job.  My family and I all had a great time and learned lots.

BuzzG

Here are some pictures of the weekend.

Sunrise on an October morning

This DAR (Dedicated Appleseed Range) is owned by the McAllister family. Don, Karen and Jeremy were great hosts!

Roger gets the instruction going on Sunday. We had two new shooters join us this morning.

Instruction on the line.

That's Don is in the background.

Karen works on NPOA shifts in seated.

Don calls the line.

This is Dan on the working on one of several 210+ scores he shot on Sunday. 242 was his best!

Chase joined us today and made great progress! Hope you'll come back next time.

Tina, Jeff and Pete. One of the three families that were with us this weekend.

Tiff and her father Gale
Gale made good progress all weekend. Tiff is an Instructor and boy can she shoot like a girl! She had a 211 and a CLEAN Red Coat on Sunday! They meet up and do an Appleseed together every year.

The line.

The Sunday group.
Ryan was with us on Saturday but missed this photo

We had two rifleman scores this weekend and many knocking on the door. The shooters worked hard and made great progress. A big thanks to Don, Karen and Jeremy for providing the range and putting on this shoot. Great job by Roger and Don in teaching and calling the line. There's talk of squeezing in one more shoot here this year before it gets too cold, so stay tuned.

Buzz

loves2hunt59

Thanks Buzz, for stepping up on this one.  You're right, beautiful country out there. Wonderful people.  Mac and Karen are top notch, salt of the Earth.  Wish I coulda......darn. 

AFTERMATH

Great work Buzz!

Congrats to the two Riflemen, and thank you to the hosts!

I wish I could have been there!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

dawg69

Thanks Buzz for making the long drive so this shoot could happen.  Hope to see you again.

Thanks to Don and Roger for helping out and providing the facilities.  You did great as always.

Keep up the good work!

Dan

Whisker

Nice!  Glad to see the fire taking off down there.  Looks incredibly successful!
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Kosciusko

Buzz, you did a fine job, as always.  Not really surprised by that any more. 

Have you finalized your plans to become the "Conqueror of The Two  Dakotas" ?

O0

Johnnyappleseed

Iowa - men and women who truly know what they are about  O0

Welcome all the new forum members .

See you all on the trail

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Burnett

SHENANDOAH?!?!?!?  :o
That's a long ways from Minnesota!
I don't remember where in MN you said you're from, but WOW!
Good on ya, BuzzG!  O0

KarenMc

Thanks to everyone!  A Perfect day.  Great Company.
The instruction was just great and the stories moving. 
A great after glow to start a fresh new week. :)

BuzzG

Quote from: Burnett on October 04, 2011, 07:58:34 PM
SHENANDOAH?!?!?!?  :o
That's a long ways from Minnesota!
I don't remember where in MN you said you're from, but WOW!
Good on ya, BuzzG!  O0

Hey Greg,

Good to hear from you! I remember you making a good trek to La Crosse this spring. Are you signed up for this weekend there? There's still time.... Much of the same instructor crew will be there.

As far as a long ways, perhaps in miles it is. But we have such a long ways to go yet to keep this ship from sinking. There were a bunch of other instructors that traveled much farther than I did last weekend and we all did it out of a sense of urgency. We don't know how much time we have left and if we have a chance to invest our time to pay back the debt we own to the Founders, miles don't matter. I got to meet a great group of citizens who, like you, are now involved and excited about what they can do to preserve our Heritage and keep the ship afloat. I'll go anywhere, anytime to do that again.

Buzz                                                          Hope to see you in La Crosse on Saturday!

Burnett

I would like to come up to La Crosse this weekend, but I am just about out of money.
Unemployed and all; maybe if I get a lead on gainful employment in the next couple of days, I'll put it on plastic.
We'll see.

mac3647

My thanks to Buzz and Roger for the great event they put on for us and for their help as I attempted to call the line for my first time, lots of laughs!   My appreciation to everyone that attended as it is rewarding to see our efforts pay off.    Looking forward to many more Appleseeds here.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

loves2hunt59

Just say when Mac and we'll update the schedule.  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Lil Lady

A big thank you to Buzz, Roger, Don, and Karen.  Buzz, thank you for driving down so that this shoot was possible.  Roger and Don thank you very much for instructing this weekend...you guys did a great job.  Don and Karen, thank you for allowing and inviting us onto your land for yet another great shoot.  It was wonderful meeting your son and his family.  I love coming to AS events...they people who go are true Americans, the type of people I love to surround myself with.   Hopefully to those who this was their first AS event felt inspired and motivated to join in the fight to save this country.  And I hope that those who have been to AS before continue to feel the urgency in reclaiming the country for the people, by the people.  Dad had a great time, a little sore, but aren't we all :)  Now, if only I could get him to practice more and then he would be a Rifleman for sure!  I was super tired by the time I got back home, but well worth it.  I look forward to next year when we do it again...gotta love Father/Daughter weekend!  Hope to see you all on the trail. 

Tiff