News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knobb Creek, KY AAR Sep. 10/11,2011

Started by Joni, September 10, 2011, 09:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joni

What a wonderful day for an Appleseed shoot! A wonderful group of folks and kids who just wanted to learn to shoot and listen to some history! A great bunch of instructors to work with too! And the weather, about 78 some sunshine at times and getting a bit cloudy and humid toward evening.

Congratulations to Damon on his rifleman patch.
Congratulations to Marian, our youngest shooter on her Youth patch, looking forward to having you and your family at more Appleseeds!

Instructors, your history telling was awesome, thank you so much for such an enjoyable first day looking forward to another one tomorrow.

Badookan

You couldn't have asked for a better weekend for an Appleseed. Perfect weather, great folks and AQT's. Got to witness something really special, Unbridled Liberty doing one on one on instruction with little Marian. She had the heart of a Champion and Unbridled Liberty spent the entire day teaching and mentoring to this child- Remarkable to me. Turned my heart of stone to mush. Was great to see the Scouts and troop leaders also. Mudcat runs a great firing line!
Just wish this broken down shooter could have done more-
Hope to see you all again.
And like the old soldier in that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the sight to see that duty.

Douglas MacArthur

hawkhavn

Joni,

I wish I knew you were going to be on this end of the continent!
Sorry to have missed you.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mudcat

My goodness Joni is fast! I just got home and able to check and she has an AAR up and even some responses O0.
It was a great shoot I really enjoyed all the shooters from the experienced to the brand spankin new. We had them all too. Everyone did awesome and deserves a big pat on the back. Congratulations to Damon and Tony for the Riflemen scores even if Damon could not back it up with the irons on Sunday. You still have what it takes.
Jon, Dominic, Ryan, Johnathon and Dylan way to hang in there and persist, I know you guys will be knocking the door down soon enough. Especially with Dylan and his 181 you guys have what it takes you just have to put it on the paper. Mark, Trevor and Neal way to hang in there I believe you guys would still be shooting AQTs. Talk about not wanting to quit. You guys will get over the hump soon enough. Then we have the ladies of the group. Tish, Jill, Emily and Jordan you ladies did an awesome job especially with little to no firearms experience. You all made great progress and with a little bit of dry practice you all will be well over the 210. You all show some great promise and great heart!

Tom Thriza, thank you so much for bringing Marian to our Appleseed. She was a great to have and I hope next time you all can stay for both days. William same with you but next time I think you should stay with the Garand  as you were doing so well with it.

This was such an easy event for me with all the great help I had. David and Joni it was so great to work with you both it is hard to believe you guys drove all the way from WA. to work the Knob Creek Appleseed. ;)

Oh and thanks to the Troop 135 for the great meal we had Saturday night. That was some great pork tenderloin, and taters too. Thanks. I just wish it had not started to rain right after the meal  and run us all to our tents. Thank You!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Badookan

:~
And like the old soldier in that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the sight to see that duty.

Douglas MacArthur

Thor0719

Hello to all. For those who don't know me, this is Damon from Troop 135. Mudcat and crew, thanks again for having us at the Knob Creek Appleseed Shoot! We had a great time. The staff was top notch. Very professional, safe, and friendly. We left the shoot with a few tools we can use in our box. Really enjoyed the history lessons also. The boys talked all the way home about you guys and how they were coming back to earn their Rifleman badge. Especially Dylan, he was adamant about it. And I want to redeem myself on the iron's. Jon and Dominik said they were definitely returning.  At tonight's Scout meeting, we reported on our weekend with you guys. The other boys and leaders were very impressed and are looking at scheduling in the November meet. They regretted missing out on all the fun. I also have a couple of brothers who are now interested. We'll keep in touch with Mudcat and let you guys know what develops. Peace.

Joni

Congratulations Tony, you did a good job!! Hope to see you on the Appleseed trail along with your Dad!!

Unbridled Liberty

Sorry it's taken me so long to get on here - finally somewhat recovered and caught up on things here in Lexington.  What a fantastic shoot!  Thanks to: Mudcat for a great job running the show (as usual), to DryFire for your enthusiasm and your dancing skills  :o, to KYWindage for getting in the dirt with the shooters, to Badookan for your willingness to step up and help your fellow Kentuckians, to Joni for being one step ahead and for taking pictures, and also for the little stool (it was a back-saver!) and to FMJ for getting out of bed at oh-dark thirty on Saturday and for doing a great job running the line Sunday, and to "The Awful-ist" for your booming line commands!  And thanks to Kevin for your grill skills!

And most of all thanks to all the shooters who made the DECISION to spend two beautiful days wallowing around in the dirt and dancing back and forth from line to targets. ..:..  Thanks for giving up all the other things you could have been doing.  It was an honor spending the weekend with you.  Thanks especially to you Scouts and your leaders who care enough about youth to have brought you out.  And Dylan- persist, adapt and overcome and you WILL be a Rifleman.  Also thanks to Trevor for bringing your kids out!  Thanks to Thirza, Tom and Marian for making my day Saturday; it was a real pleasure meeting you and getting the opportunity to work with Marian.  To Neal, Mark and you ladies; good job, and please attend another Appleseed real soon.   If I left anyone out it is not intentional.  I hope to see you all again. 

Congrats to Damon and Tony for making Rifleman and beginning the journey, and congrats to Marian for your decision to stick with it all day and getting your youth patch.
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Dread Pirate Bob

Hey guys! Neal here.

Had a great time, was absolutely driven to keep shooting AQTs, as 181 seemed to be my best showing. Well, I will just have to make the trip next time and make it happen.

This was my first Appleseed, but not my last. Trevor and Jordan tell me the same.

Keep up the outstanding work and we will be seeing you guys in the near future.

KYWindage

Hey Neal, good to hear from you! Hopeful a little bit of work on those fundamentals will help and maybe you can put a collection of some of your nice groups onto one piece of paper.
In fact, if you don't live too far from Indiana, maybe you can come up and shoot a bit and I'll help you work on those. It might be a little tough that the SM bridge is dow, but it your interested, the offer is out there.

-KY Windage
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

Pennsyltucky Rifle

Unbridled Liberty, the pleasure was all ours, and we really appreciate the time you spent with Marian.  A big thank you to everyone involved in putting the weekend together.  We had a great time, and we will be back. 

Joni

Hey, Pictures are ready! here is the link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/2011091011_KnobCreekKY_Appleseed?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqmyefr4eXOwQE#

If you have any trouble with it please let me know! thanks.