News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru CA November 12-13,2011

Started by Dano, November 14, 2011, 09:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano

Well it was another great shoot in Piru CA with 5 shooters on the line Saturday and Sunday, Thanks to everyone who braved the weather reports and came out anyway. Well it was worth it we had no rain to speak of and temps around 65°.

We made two Riflemen, the first one is Frank with  216. He is a returning shooter who was hitting over 200 but ran out of time. The other Rifleman is a young man named Argus who comes with his mom Donna all the way from Santa Barbara. Argus shot a 217. He showed great focus on Sunday and broke and Oreo Cookie on his second shot the NPA drill.

Jerry was returning Appleseeder that came with two friends on Saturday, Bob and Enrique. Both of them shot very well with Bob showing great improvement for a first time shooter. Jerry was getting close with some good scores.  Joy a returning Appleseeder is showing great determination in getting her positions figured out and building her confidence.

On the line we had Mo move from IIT 1 to IIT2 and GoneJohnny goes to IIT3, congratulations to both of them. Frank also picked up a hat and will be helping in the future. Thanks also  to Cowgirl Ducky  and MR Pete who was there for Saturday.

Once again shooters thanks for renewing my faith and hope for this great program and America!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Dano

Pictures
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Dano

More Pics

gonejohnny

Another wonderful weekend up in the best canyon in California!

A special mention to shooter Jeff, who made his score the previous weekend in Santa Barbara - made the trek out to Piru for confirmation. In true honor of a effective range, he considered his first as luck... Well, if the second is coincidence - we all saw you shoot at least 3 more qualifying scores.  Well done, man. Seriously nice work. :cool2:

Joy is the definition of perseverance, her AS journey occurring side by side with the healing of her broken ankle. It seems as though her healing time spent in the prone position has started to pay off with an absolute and devastatingly CLEARED Redcoat on Sunday morning. Way to GO! The story went a little like this:

a fresh batch little red buggers on a chilly Sunday morning:

Joy surveys the situation:

BLAMMO!

Job well done!!!  O0

Back on the line, MrPete had daughter Gabby on the mats for a little hands-on experience:

Then on down-range where MrPete lets a little more knowledge out of the firehose:

Argus, providing some abstract art while on brass detail:

Moving on through Sunday with some AQT's, Donna is gaining some serious improvement - with the beginnings of a wicked off-hand position:

Just for kicks, I videoed the Piru crew getting back in the spirit after the Sunday lunch time stories... AS vs. the 2X4 in a race against time (it never stood a chance):

Video:  :--- http://youtu.be/QwD8vHKsqD8  :~

Some pics:

Jerry developing his cross-legged.

Jeff with a nice open support hand.

Pinch-hitter, Cowgirl Ducky evening out the odds!

Thanks to Dano, MrPete, Cowgirl Ducky & Mo79 for letting me hangout and experience another wonderful Appleseed! - GoneJohnny

Mo79

What a wonderful group of Appleseeders who showed up, both instructors and students.
Bob made a huge improvement after adjusting his sight, and shot some very nice groups for a first time Appleseeder. I hope to see him back.
Enrique was sharp all day on Saturday, and I like how calm Jerry was, I can definitely see both of them scoring Rifleman in the future.
Joy was shooting so well from prone as gonejohnny said, and she's so humble about it. It will be nice to see her shooting from standing and sitting positions soon hopefully, when her ankle heals. I especially enjoyed watching Argus shoot, he makes it look so cool almost like COD MW3 :cool2: I think he got his shooting genes from his mother. Oh yeah, he scored rifleman BTW.  O0
Frank and Jeff showed up on Sunday, and casually shot Rifleman scores, well it sure is nice to be so smooth.  8)
It was a nice surprise to see MrPete with his beautiful daughter Gabby, who likes to draw pictures and shoot them, talk about multi-talents.  O0
Thank you all for participating, and for letting me RSO on Saturday and LB on Sunday, and for helping me through that, it was a wonderful experience. Let's do it again next month!

Mr Pete

I can't believe I missed Argus and Nerodia!

I always feel like I'm missing out whenever I can't be up in Piru...too much good stuff going on.  Thanks to Dano and to Ms Joy for encouraging my daughter to get on the line...she is a bit of a nervous Nelly but she is always willing to try.  Once she did she was bangin' that gong at 100 yards.  I told Dano that personal achievement with that laser rifle of mine is nothing compared to the giggles my Gabby had when she shot Dano's rifle.  Not that I want to trade mind you...

Great job to Johnny and Mo, working their way up!

Hope to see you all again on (or off) the trail,
-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

nerodia

We can't believe we missed you, Mr. Pete! Your daughter looks like she was really enjoying shooting.

Thanks to Dano for the mag and gun loans, to Mo79 for being a great line boss, and to gonejohnny and Cowgirl Ducky for all the personalized instruction. You guys are great!

Marpat Pippi

Congratulations Argus! It is so encouraging seeing a young person with such persistence. Good to see you are participating Donna!

Mr. Pete. Gabby's smile is priceless. That picture should be your Christmas Card (photoshop mom in =)

Jeff - Glad you confirmed your score. You ARE a Rifleman. Look forward to seeing you in Santa Barbara!

Dano - you are a powerhouse. Way to make the most of your instructor shooter ration and crank 2 rifleman.

Joy - AWESOME redcoat. Its great to see your perservance and improvement!

gonejohnny - Congrats on the IIT Promotion. Thanks for the pictures and the creative captions. They truly add to the photos and are very humorous.