News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Parma, ID. AAR - Apr. 27,2019

Started by Prescott, April 29, 2019, 01:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

This was our first AS event of the year for the Parma Rod and Gun Club, and it was also our first sold out event at this range.   ^:)^

In addition, we actually had students on the waiting list to attend the event.   My two years of marketing AS in the Treasure Valley are finally paying off!

Nineteen students come out to the range to learn about rifle marksmanship and rekindle their hearts and minds with the foundation of our country.   This was a great group of students, as they were very engaged in the program and made great strides in their marksmanship skills.

We were blessed that a couple family participated in the event.  I always appreciate parents that bring their children to the range to learn from our program.   As we discussed over the weekend, they are our Posterity and we need to pass on the heritage to the next generation.  It was great working this the younger students this weekend and watching the progression of their skill level.    Three of the girls were learning to shoot iron sights which is a harder skill to learn than using a scope.   I commend you for persisting with the iron sights and taking the time to master shooting your rifles.   Remember to continue to practice focusing on the front sights and practice those NPOA shifts during your dry fire practice.

Congratulations to our four new rifleman, Johan, Tom, Joseph and Dan.   Dan was able to squeak in his rifleman score on the final AQT on Sunday with a little help from one of his daughters.  We scored the target appropriately with the extra hits on the target and his target scored a 211.

We had one shooter that came to the range this week as her first ever shooting experience.   After a few equipment issues on Saturday, she accepted a loaner rifle and applied the instruction techniques to her shooting.   It was great watching her progression through the weekend, and ended up shooting a high score of 207.   Unfortunately, she accidentally shot the first target of the stage 4 target during the actual stage 3 string of fire, or she would have easily scored her rifleman score.   This is a great testament to the Appleseed marksmanship techniques and what a teachable attitude can accomplish.

I enjoyed the company of the students and instructors at this event as it made it a memorable anniversary event.   I look forward to seeing everyone at a future event.

In Liberty,
Prescott

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Prescott

Here are some photos from the event.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Prescott

More photos

janer

Congratulations to the new riflemen.  Huzzah!  I really enjoyed working with you all.  You were so engaged, and asked great questions.  Hope to see you all at another event.

Here are a few more pictures.  (I have no clue why some are rotated.)

Prescott

OH, MY BAD.

I did not thank janer for traveling to help with our event.  It was great working with you again.  Hard to believe it has been over two years since I moved to Idaho.   I am looking forward to seeing you again at the KD at Douglas Ridge in a couple weeks.

I also want to thank duc-dog for getting engaged in the Idaho AS community.   It is FANTASTIC to have another qualified instructor in the area.  I look forward to having a wing man at the local events.

I need to give cheers to both of you.  :beer: HUZZAH, HUZZAH, HUZZAH