News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knob Creek, KY AAR - April 27-28, 2019 Patriots Day Shoot

Started by Papa_Smith, April 29, 2019, 12:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa_Smith

We had an excellent shoot this weekend with some shooters driving in from over two hours away!
One the line we had three shooters that had never fired a rifle before and the difference between Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon was amazing, great job Jeri, Kaylee and Titus for stepping out and learning a new skill.
We also had three shooters 12 and under, while the positions were difficult all three were able to work on their trigger press, sight alignment, sight picture and breathing while shooting from a rest. It was fun to have the youth on the line and I look forward to having them return as they grow and can expand their capabilities and start using the sling. These youngsters also brought a level of history knowledge to line before any stories were told. I am excited to see Marina, Kaylee and Titus in the future, they were safe and energetic all weekend.
Jim, is a long time Appleseeder and I enjoy seeing what new challenges he has set for himself over the weekend, Jim may not accomplish his goal the first weekend out but he perseveres and pushes through and he has gets better every time.
Stan and Marina drove for the shoot. Stan is a repeat attender and started off the weekend clearing the Red Coat target and re-quailed as a Rifleman. Marina shot from a rest most of the weekend and was cleaning out the V's on the targets as trigger control grew and sighting got better.
Matt started out with his cannon the first day but had some equipment issues the second day so the Rifleman score eluded him but he is close and should have everything dialed in next time.
Jeri and Kaylee came in having won a .22 in a drawing and wanting to learn how to use it. Both are now comfortable with the function of their rifles and are planning on attending future shoots.
Titus has an unending supply of energy but at 10 years old he was able to follow instructions and stay safe throughout the weekend. Of course he was able to burn off some of his energy by conducting a bayonet charge on the way to the restroom.
Bailey was the natural on the line and at 14 years old he earned his Rifleman patch with a 235 and clears Red Coats from both the prone and seated positions.
This was a great soot and I look forward to seeing all of the shooters again at future Appleseed events.

WmLyons

Many thanks to the shooters who braved the cold winds.  I hope that it was still a fun and learning weekend for you.  We hope that you enjoyed the history as much as the marksmanship.  Please do return to future Appleseed weekends.  It is a special moment to earn your Rifleman patch and hear General Lord Percy's words said about you.  Don't deny yourself that honor.  Look forward to seeing you again.

WmLyons   (Bill)