News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chino Valley, Az. AAR - Apr. 27,2019 - Updated

Started by pennys dad, April 27, 2019, 10:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

Chino Valley Shooting Facility - April 27th - 1 day Appleseed was Awesome!

The day started very well with the opening safety discussions and the 1st strike of the match. It is a One day Appleseed so we need to use our time well.
Six students attended, two walk-ons from the Kingman Appleseed a few weeks prior, double patch holders looking for a distinguished patch.
The opening red coat had two headshots, four scores in the 200 and one in the 100.
This group shot well, from the beginning David commenting immediately that everyone had groups of 6 moa or better, some in the sub 4 moa, after steady hold factors, and six steps, the groups dropped to a consistent 4 moa or less, than NPOA and the groups dropped again.
By lunch we had already started working mag changes, standing position and a transition, as well as a primer to the second strike, Mother Batherick and questions and discussion.
After lunch we started seated, added transitions, green coats and time. Seated position caused a few adjustments to be made and I will be researching the Appleseed adaptive COI/COF.
The stress of time caused some issues but we got one re-qualification from Shawn and a husband and wife team Jo and Wes scored a 170 and 140 with Jo nearly missing all of row two and three. For those that thinking well Jo missed, take a look at the AQT, her score means she nearly cleared row four, beat that very awesome job.
Suman is on the hunt and expressed Orange hat interest, :-)
Shawn and Mary Ann our visitors from the Kingman AS seeking Distinguished.
Jo and Wes celebrating, I believe 43rd anniversary and shooting a 170 and 140.
Steve shooting a loaned rifle, having to switch twice for other loaners and being fairly new to shooting shot a 190.
The Chino Valley Shooting facility giving us the special opportunity of being the first class since the range re-opened.
The range team of RSO's receiving us with friendly smiles and hearty discussion.
Chino Valley Chief of Police gives us two starter dates.
Lastly David and i being given the pleasure of instructing, lead to a very exciting and invigorating day.

Thank you Chino Valley :-) i am happy to have a home here.
Psalm 23:3 .."He (God) restores my soul" :-) Thank you for restoring my soul by letting me serve your people.

Well I will post pictures later, but I have several links to short youtubes of the group.

Group video link:  https://youtu.be/7q4czMkCAHE

Youtube video link list:

pennys dad

The firm resolve of a determined soul. Thank you Jo
These are pictures of 6 determined souls.

Suman Palit

Thanks for setting this shoot up - it was certainly fast-paced, and now I have to think about how to work my bolt effectively to hit some of the time limits. A day very well-spent  O0

All the instruction was super awesome  :bow:  :bow: