News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bennington VT April 17 & 18 2010 AAR

Started by Another D.O.M., April 19, 2010, 12:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

What a glorious weekend to save a nation!

Saturday dawned, chilly & damp.  We had received a good amount of soft rain overnight, so the range was somewhat muddy.  There were low-hanging clouds shrouding the top of Hale Mountain; and reports of snow falling during the drive in for our MA instructor.

No matter the weather, however - our firing line was covered and our shooters and instructors were well prepared for the weather.

Our SB was Buzzworth from VT, and our two instructors were goodpiper from MA and Another D.O.M. from NY.

We began the day on Saturday with seven pre-registered shooters and they all arrived early, eager to learn.  For four this was their first Appleseed.  This was truly a family weekend, with one father/son, one father/daughter, and one father/mother/daughter team, the father of the last being goodpiper himself!

Two young shooters, Karis (14) and Pat (10); Pat served as our 'designated sniper', shooting most of the seekend from the prone position w/ bi-pod.  Both were real troopers, and the entire line toughed out the whole weekend without a hitch.

We held a drawing for two door prizes:  A copy of David Hacket Fischer's Paul Revere's Ride (won by our youngest shooter Pat) and a certificate for two free admissions to any Appleseed event(s) (won by our first Rifleman of the weekend, Anna).

We performed the Commemorative Volley accompanied by goodpiper's bagpipe rendition of Amazing Grace in the background.

Despite the promises of the weather forecasters, Sunday dawned colder but slightly drier than Saturday.  Sunday produced both of our Rifleman scores and patches were awarded to Barbara (211) & Anna (214), mother & daughter.

We had a truly fantastic Appleseed weekend!  I'd like to say thank you to all of our attendees - without your continued efforts, ours as instructors would be in vain; and a huge thinks to the instructor crew!

Our host range, Hale Mountain Fish and Game Club (http://halemountain.org/default.aspx) provided lunch on both days as well as a pancake and sausage breakfast on Sunday morning, all for a modest donation.  I was personally very impressed with the facilities at Hale Mountain.  Their rifle range literally runs over 500 meters up the side of Hale Mountain, which provides the perfect berm/backstop for all distances as well as providing for known distance shooting from 25m to 500m without the need for moving targets or stands aside to access further-distant targets.

Pictures to follow...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Another D.O.M.

Hale Mountain Fish & Game's ascending target lines.  Yes, that's 500m at the top of the hill!

Prone Steady Holds demo.

Talking Targets.

IMC Instruction.

Sitting forms on the line.

Our youngest shooter shows off his crossed-ankle form.

Mother & Daughter...

Father & Daughter...

and Father & Son.

A family Appleseed weekend!

Saturday's prize winners.

Solid kneeling form - someone give that woman an AR!

Our 'Designated Sniper' shoots a 199 from bi-pod.

Our first Rifleman patch.

Our second Rifleman patch.

Now a family of Riflemen.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Buzzworth

First
A HUGE THANK YOU
To the IITs Aanother D.O.M (Mark) and Goodpiper (Eric) you guys ROCK! :bow:

WELL DONE!!

ADOM came over on Friday to help me clean up the range and get it ready for the season (winter makes a mess of things)
I was luck to have a secret weapon in Eric this was his first Appleseed even as an Instructor (he is already an accomplished NRA and Hunter safety Instructor and a RIFLEMAN two times over)

Another HUGE THANK YOU to My Home club of Hale Mountain Fish & Game Club
I LOVE THE ROOF over the firing line  :)

We had a small group of dedicated Americans at this shoot an excellent example of the rallying that happened April 19th 1775
We had a Instructor from NY and one from MA and one from VT
Same with the shooters father& son from VT, mother & daughter and IIT from MA, father & daughter (3rd time Appleseeders both) from NY, and a Dangerous Older Man from VT
WHAT A GREAT SHOOT!!!

Our Two Riflemen from this event are actually RIFLEWOMEN!!!!
mother & daughter Barbra & Anna from MA (wife & daughter to IIT Goodpiper)

The volley fire happened on time with Goodpiper playing the bagpipes (very moving)

It was very warming to see and talk with Patrick (Pat) he is 10 years old and he is learning all about revolutionary war history IN SCHOOL!!! Wow he must have a good teacher (he goes to school in VT)  O0

It was and is an honor to serve

After Appleseeds I always feel it in my soul that "Hey WE CAN save America!"

No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM

Buzzworth

GREAT Pics Mark
Thanks!!

Dude

I and my daughter were once again blessed by the Appleseed Volunteer staff; simply can't say enough great things about Buzzworth, ADOM and our very own piper-in-residence. Thank you guys, so very much.

Great people. Great facility. Great program. I couldn't imagine even wanting to be anywhere else on that special day in April.

Appleseed to me embodies 2 Timothy 2:2 The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.

In other words, teach teachers to teach teachers.

Now, all I have to do next time is beat my 208!   !@#) :wb:
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

dwarven1

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on April 19, 2010, 02:17:08 PM

Hey, guys, do you have a clearer pic of those top two sheets? The middle one in particular looks interesting. I'd like to see them better. Or if you have a PDF of them, that'd be great. They look like very useful tools for teaching IMC. (I know the bottom sheet is from the AS Presentation.ppt file).

Thanks.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Buzzworth

Quote from: dwarven1 on April 20, 2010, 01:06:29 PM
Quote from: Another D.O.M. on April 19, 2010, 02:17:08 PM

Hey, guys, do you have a clearer pic of those top two sheets? The middle one in particular looks interesting. I'd like to see them better. Or if you have a PDF of them, that'd be great. They look like very useful tools for teaching IMC. (I know the bottom sheet is from the AS Presentation.ppt file).

Thanks.

e-mail in bound
In this photo I was pointing out that "don't look at this it can be too confusing"
Just remember it's one inch PER hundred yards

goodpiper

Buzzworth and Another DOM, That was a GREAT!!! weekend. It was a pleasure and honor to work with you both, and on That weekend. Of course my Wife and Daughter's success  made the pleasure even sweeter. Again thanks to you both and to everyone who attended.

Dude

Buzzworth- heard you on the podcast- I'm so glad you are applying "no pressure whatsoever". ;)
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Buzzworth

Well, When you are ready to really learn to shoot well start teaching others
It's like an out-of-body experience  :o and you can see what others may or may not be doing and then when YOU are on the mat behind the sights YOU will or will not do these thing and your groups will shrink
Come on down to the range and I will work with you

you would look real nice in a bright orange hat  ;)

no pressure just HELP SAVE AMERICA that's all  :D

Lots of shoots now in our area
Lake George next month just sayin'  8)