News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pittsburg, KS AAR - April 20-21, 2024

Started by ksdiver, April 24, 2024, 09:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksdiver

Two hundred forty-nine years and one day after the Battle of Lexington and Concord, citizens met at Bone Creek Gun Range to hear the history and honor the sacrifice of our founders.  It was a beautiful spring day which started at forty degrees and eventually made it to sixty.  Light breezes were enough to create a chill but not enough to move a bullet off of its target.

We had a great group of shooters that all wanted to learn.  This included three families, fathers with children, a shooter brought his grandson and I with my nephew,  which is always great to see.  Shooting ability ranged from beginner to our veteran "Dangerous Old Men", at the end of the firing line.

With such a good group, expectations were high for a productive weekend and we were not disappointed.  All of the shooters brought a teachable attitude and a "let's do it" disposition.

Rifleman patches were earned the first day and on the second day, more were earned by first time Appleseeders.

I think this is a great story and I want to share it.  Every year I take my nephew shooting for his birthday. I had always told him about Appleseed and I thought he was ready for it this year.  As his birthday was on the second day, I didn't want to take him from his family on his birthday so I had only planned and told him about the first day.  By the Second Strike, he had figured out that there was a second day and insisted that he would rather be on our line. After some phone calls that was made possible and on the second day he earned his Rifleman patch.  To say we have created a passionate Appleseeder is an understatement.

I want to thank all of the volunteers that make our group so successful.  Without your commitments we wouldn't be producing the quality program that I am so proud of.

Thanks

Randy

DUSM

A few of the photos from Sunday.

20240421-9.jpg
Randy getting his 25 event pin

20240421-7.jpg
Rick getting his 10 event pin

20240421-8.jpg
Sunday's riflemen

20240421-1.jpg
Redcoat counting

20240421-2.jpg
A Redcoat discussion

Misc pix
20240421-3.jpg20240421-4.jpg20240421-5.jpg20240421-6.jpg
"Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives." â€"John Adams

"We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists." -Patrick Henry

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

ksdiver

...a few more pictures