News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Recent posts

After Action Reports / Re: Holladay, TN - Tactical Re...
Last post by Maximum Ordinate - April 30, 2024, 06:04:13 PM
Some pictures!

After Action Reports / AAR Rainbow, CA April 20-21, 2...
Last post by StormN - April 30, 2024, 03:23:04 PM
Patriots Day at Rainbow, CA
14 shooters attended the event both days, many arrived early to help with range setup. The weather was just about perfect both days if you don't mind the normal Rainbow crosswind. We had two new Rifleman and two repeat Rifleman that shot multiple Rifleman scores. Mike also took the Orange hat. I will continue this later tonight. 
Idaho / Re: Coeur d'Alene, ID 27-28 Ap...
Last post by eert - April 30, 2024, 02:08:42 PM
Thanks to all the Shooters and Instructors who attended the Coeur d'Alene Patriot's Day event.  This event is always the highlight of the year as Appleseed's go (with WINTERSEEDs a close second!). Next year will be the 250th Anniversary of April 19, 1775, so stayed tuned and keep your weekend free for April 19 & 20, 2025 and join us for a fantastic celebration!

Congrats to all the new Rifleman and requalifying Rifleman.  It's very satisfying to help new shooters get on target and to make new friends, and equally great visiting with return participants.  Thanks for keeping me engaged.

If you didn't get your fill of AQTs, the next Coeur d'Alene opportunity is Saturday May 11 (one day only).  This is a non-typical Appleseed shoot, with attendance limited to folks like yourselves who have completed a 2 day clinic. In honor of Mother's Day, all our heritage presentations will be focused on the Dangerous Dames.  Hope to see a few of you there.  More info here:  https://appleseedinfo.org/location/?locationid=55&eventid=9651
After Action Reports / Re: Georgetown, IN Apr 27-28, ...
Last post by Jayshoneybunny - April 30, 2024, 12:29:12 PM
The first instructor that I met there was JHB, who made me feel welcomed and provided kind words and support throughout the event. JHB, along with Papa Smith, Big John, and the Shoot Boss, Geek, were well prepared, considerate, and extremely helpful in teaching this old dog new tricks.

It was my pleasure.  I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself AND made rifleman!
After Action Reports / Re: Georgetown, IN Apr 27-28, ...
Last post by Market Farmer - April 30, 2024, 11:32:37 AM
Last weekend (April 27 & 28) I attended my first Project Appleseed event, held at the Floyd County (Indiana) Conservation Club. I was invited to attend by Virch, a Blue Hat and, proud to say, my Son-in-law. The first instructor that I met there was JHB, who made me feel welcomed and provided kind words and support throughout the event. JHB, along with Papa Smith, Big John, and the Shoot Boss, Geek, were well prepared, considerate, and extremely helpful in teaching this old dog new tricks.

Having taken American Colonial History classes in college I was familiar with the broad strokes of the events leading to the battles of Lexington and Concord. The instruction at the Project Appleseed weekend brought down to a personal level the stories of the participants on that April morning in 1775; their motivations, resolve, and sacrifices, and how important they are to us today.

The antique, though serviceable, rifle I started with did not serve me well. The iron-sighted Marlin loaned me by Virch was a little better, but my shot groups still fell victim to my 70-year-old eyes. On the second day of shooting the Shoot Boss, Geek, loaned me his scope-equipped Savage auto loader. After a few sets of shooting at the squares we were able to get the cross hairs and point of impact to coincide. The use of the sling was new to me. Before, the sling was just the means of carrying the rifle to my hunting stand while using my hands for the important task of holding my coffee thermos and flash light.

I thank those who put on the event and appreciate the history lessons and rifle shooting instructions. This was my first time, but most likely not the last.
After Action Reports / Re: Macon, GA 25m event April ...
Last post by DEH - April 30, 2024, 10:43:16 AM

After Action Reports / Re: Macon, GA 25m event April ...
Last post by DEH - April 30, 2024, 10:35:23 AM
A few more pics from the weekend.

Last post by BluegrassColonel - April 30, 2024, 06:00:06 AM
This was a great event. The shooters were attentive and diligent. I was very happy to have 2 ladies there who Little Shine and I consider "bonus kids."  They both did very well and plan on coming back to earn their patch.

Thank you to Heather and Joey of Tactical Response for allowing the use of such a great facility!

Congratulations, Tyler! Huzzah!

In Liberty,
Greg Seneff, Sr.
"Bluegrass Colonel"
Last post by Roswell - April 30, 2024, 12:38:42 AM
13 first time Appleseeders! Awesome! :partytime:

Good job Tyler! Earning Rifleman at your first event is quite an accomplishment. You earned that baptism sir.  :bow:

Sounds like a great event. Good job everyone. I hope to make it to there in the future.
After Action Reports / Holladay, TN - Tactical Respon...
Last post by dond - April 29, 2024, 11:54:03 PM
Thirteen students assembled on beautiful but windy day on April 27 for marksmanship and history lessons at the Tactical Response range. All of them were first time Appleseeders. The range itself is extensive and beautiful. Many excellent firearm classes are offered there.  And the managers of the range were so welcoming and helpful to us. One shot with us and enjoyed it thoroughly.

The rest of the students were likewise very attentive and responsive to everything that we presented, including the history. In fact, I rarely encounter a class which is so pleasant and eager to receive our messages. Half of the students were ladies, as well as a few youths.

Many were shooting very well and should receive Rifleman Patches next time. However, Tyler did it this time with a score of 210. And, of course he received a drenching of water from the North Bridge. Congratulations Tyler.

We anticipate more events at this range, as well as more students. Since this is a new event for the area, we hope more people will learn about us.