News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Speaking of dangerous old men....

Started by draken, July 19, 2013, 09:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

draken

"Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice."
~David K. Webster~

Engineer shooting

DOM appreciate seeing this again.  O0 O0
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

malabar

Neat video, any idea how old it is?  Val Forgett has been dead for 11 years and he looks kinda young in that video.

We had a fellow out at the range for a snowbird match a couple of years ago who was really impressive. It was an anysight match at 600 yards, and this 80-something-year-old snowbird cleaned the clock of all these young guys with custom bolt guns and high-end glass -- and he was shooting a Garand with iron sights.

does your heart good

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Engineer shooting

Quote from: malabar on July 25, 2013, 10:02:56 AM
Neat video, any idea how old it is?  Val Forgett has been dead for 11 years and he looks kinda young in that video.

We had a fellow out at the range for a snowbird match a couple of years ago who was really impressive. It was an anysight match at 600 yards, and this 80-something-year-old snowbird cleaned the clock of all these young guys with custom bolt guns and high-end glass -- and he was shooting a Garand with iron sights.

does your heart good

tk

It was Val Forgett the 3rd making the presentation two years ago. One fact about the old sniper he left his right leg at the Battle of the Bulge.

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

malabar

Quote from: Engineer shooting on July 25, 2013, 10:59:37 AM

does your heart good

tk

It was Val Forgett the 3rd making the presentation two years ago. One fact about the old sniper he left his right leg at the Battle of the Bulge.

And he was still hobbling around. Makes a man proud to be a man.

That was my parent's generation, and I think there was something special about them. A lot of them just didn't know how to give up.

Val Forgett the 3rd?   Guess I shoulda figured that out.  I met Val Forgett when I was a kid, maybe 35 years ago.  Navy Arms was a really cool place.

Thanks for setting me straight.

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

Engineer shooting

Quote from: malabar on July 31, 2013, 10:59:31 PM

does your heart good

tk

That was my parent's generation, and I think there was something special about them. A lot of them just didn't know how to give up.

Val Forgett the 3rd?   Guess I shoulda figured that out.  I met Val Forgett when I was a kid, maybe 35 years ago.  Navy Arms was a really cool place.

I have a neighbor, told me of his first combat patrol on Okinawa back in WW II, all the guys in his platoon talked of the things they wanted. Typical GI stuff, a stiff drink, a steak, etc. He never said a word about what he wanted until asked. He then replied to see his 18th birthday was all he wanted. I do all his yard work and my wife makes sure he gets properly fed. I call it adopt an old Veteran program.

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

TomM1Thumb

A Five Inch group at 1000 Yards, Very Impressive
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

malabar

Quote from: Engineer shooting on August 01, 2013, 09:59:17 AM
Quote from: malabar on July 31, 2013, 10:59:31 PM

does your heart good

tk

I have a neighbor, told me of his first combat patrol on Okinawa back in WW II, all the guys in his platoon talked of the things they wanted. Typical GI stuff, a stiff drink, a steak, etc. He never said a word about what he wanted until asked. He then replied to see his 18th birthday was all he wanted. I do all his yard work and my wife makes sure he gets properly fed. I call it adopt an old Veteran program.

Good on you guys!

We've got a friend like that. Survived Pearl Harbor.   Most folks don't even know he was in the war. He don't talk about it.

Also have a friend who survived Hiroshima -- because he defied his uncle and went fishing offshore. It's some story.

tk