News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orlando, FL September 7-8, 2013

Started by 9mm4545, September 09, 2013, 02:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

I will start out saying that this was a fine location with excellent instructors. Our eager students braved the summer Florida heat, humidity, mosquitos, and thunderstorms to come out and experience Project Appleseed. After a steady rain the day before, things were damp to begin with and rain was never far away. However, until the lightning began later in the afternoon the weather did not seem to matter as folks pursued the path to becoming skilled marksmen. The day necessarily ended a bit early when lightning bolts were striking all around us. Day one ended with no new Riflemen but vast improvement in everyone. On Sunday the weather was a bit better, although still steamy and hot, and a review of fundamentals was quickly accomplished. Before lunch we were shooting AQT's. On the first AQT of the day Sara came heartbreakingly close with a 209 but The Patch stayed just out of reach for the rest of the day. Some additional dry fire practice will be all that it takes and you will join the ranks of those known as Riflemen. Jose and Fernando, you make a great father/son team and I do look forward to seeing you at future events. Rawlins, Appleseed may teach you how to relax to find your natural point of aim. Marksmanship requires a combination of intense concentration and relaxation at the same time and this is a combination not often found in most of life.
Chris, I really admire your grit and persistence and you are showing some great improvement. I really do expect to see you with a Rifleman patch. Nick, you have a great natural talent for shooting. Just stick to the fundamentals and persist and you will be a better shot than most people can dream of being. Jackie, you are an inspiration. You toughed it out in some truly difficult conditions, never complaining and participating with gusto. Seeing your improvement was most gratifying. And finally, congratulations to you Tom as you became our most recent Rifleman. You not only shot The Score, but you drove it home by repeating your performance numerous times. Well done, sir! To everyone, thanks for coming out and doing something in the furtherance of Liberty. Please feel free to chime in, share your photos, and stay a part of the Appleseed community.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

xsquidgator

First strike with 9mm4545

xsquidgator

Rifleman patch awarded to Tom and surely soon to be awarded son, Nick, with Mr Pete, tomblin, and 9mm4545

Tomblin

jazcat

I want to thank all the instructors for their help, humor and inspiration. Bruce, Ben, Peter and Bruce thanks again. Sorry I couldn't make it Sunday, darn arthritis acting up. I will certainly return to Appleseed as soon as I can and Bruce from CFRPC, look for me at a few matches so I can practice on the range in between shoots.

Thanks again.

Jacki
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert A. Heinlein