News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

River Falls, WI 4/20-21/2024

Started by Taylor, April 22, 2024, 01:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

It was yet another fantastic Patriots' Day Weekend at River Falls Sportsmens Club!

Saturday's weather was challenging causing us to lose two students mid-day Saturday but they persisted and returned Sunday.

On Saturday nemik did an excellent job handling much of the instruction as well as IMC at the target line.

We produced two Riflemen Saturday on our one AQT of the day...Cody requalified with a Distinguished 243 and Red Hat Rob who participated as a student (bringing his daughter and her friend  :bow: ) requalified at 237.

Everyone enjoyed a couple of breaks in the warm clubhouse and we were further warmed up by the hot apple cider provided by Curmudgeon Mindset.

Sunday dawned with the sun shining and a gentle breeze as compared to Saturday's cold steady winds.

After an excellent review of positions, NPOA and the Six-Steps provided by Blisterpack and Curmudgeon Mindset everyone got down to business. We shot a sheet of squares, reconfirmed zeros, Blisterpack reviewed IMC for us and we got our first AQT posted before 11:00 AM.

Over the course of five AQTs Sunday we saw Scott requalify at 223, his daughter Lilibeth display an excellent teachable attitude and steady progress, Alissa a firearms newbie also had an excellent teachable attitude and steady progress, 14 year olds Bella score in the low 200s and Ava steadily progress, Father/Son team Luke and Liam show steady improvement, David polish up his prior Marine Corps marksmanship skills and Megan who had never fired a rifle (or pistol?) prior to our Appleseed score in the 150s.

Congratulations to the Riflemen and to the rest of our students who worked hard all weekend to hone their skills. Every one of you is a future Rifleman. Keep up the great work!

Cody hit a Grand Slam and cleared each of the four Redcoats over the course of the weekend and Rob cleared Saturday afternoon's. Congratulations Cody and Rob.

The Memorial Volley Sunday afternoon was, as always, a solemn, very emotional tradition for me as I'm sure it was for everyone else on the line.

River Falls Sportsmens Club's representative Belinda, a great Appleseed supporter, was as usual on and behind the scenes making sure our event was the success that we had.

A giant personal thank you goes out to my fellow Instructors nemik, Blisterpack and Curmudgeon Mindset. You guys made this event happen, this old man just hauled the gear and tended to the paperwork.

I hope to see each and every one of you on the Appleseed Trail again soon.

I'll post pictures later...gotta go unload the truck.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pictures...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pictures...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Last of my pictures...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

ProudPapa14

Well done.  Congratulations to all for making improvements.