News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls, PA October 20-21

Started by Edheler, October 21, 2012, 12:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edheler

The first day is in at Beaver Falls. We had 14 people join us on the line in very difficult damp and cold weather conditions! I look forward to seeing everyone again in the morning! The weather is supposed to be warmer and less humid which will certainly help! Feel free to post about your experiences. A more complete wrap-up will come tomorrow night.

I sense we're close to a few riflewomen and riflemen!

Edheler

We had a smaller but very dedicated group of shooters return on Sunday to continue to work on their marksmanship and hear about their heritage. The weather also cooperated and was just about perfect!

It was very gratifying to have one of our ROC card members earn his Rifleman score! Jim2, you had a great looking target! I am sure that Jim3 will earn his score soon. I hope to see you both again at Vienna in the spring!

Our other Rifleman, Danny had traveled to be with us all the way from Buffalo, New York! He made his score on the last AQT of the day with a 211, just edging out being dunked in the stream behind the target line! It was very touching to see your reaction when we announced your score. I hope you make it back down to our area again next year with your wife. The drive really isn't so bad is it?

Rachel, I know you're going to get your score soon. You are the most natural shooter I have ever seen. There was very little to any of your positions to correct throughout both days. It was difficult to believe that this was only your third time shooting a rifle!

Both of our Rifleman scores were with center-fire rifles. HUZZAH!

I wish that more of our Satuday attendees could have made it Sunday but I can understand their other commitments. I hope to see all of you back at an Appleseed soon!

I know there are pictures, so post them up!

Edheler

EZ3 is having trouble posting pics... this is my try.

KD at 100, 150 and 200 with Dan and Rachel shooting:

Rifleman Jim2:

Rifleman Danny: