News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

It doesn't seem like December without an Appleseed at Castle Rock, WA

Started by Earl, October 05, 2010, 06:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

The Winter Seed got me thinking of the early Earl years on the road for Appleseed.  ???  In December of 2008, I got to do an IBC with Junior Birdman and Dragonwood, then went to Wade's DAR for my first time as an IIT, loved it. Found that the AARs weren't always as well done as they are now, couldn't really find one. :wb: But I was there, took pictures, the original digitals were wiped out of my computer, but the ones I posted somewhere still exist. :o

http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2008/12/who-were-sunshine-patriots.html Snowflake getting her Rifleman in the snowy cold, but locking that kneeling position. :)

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10800.0 This time (Dec 2009) we were in the AAR section before and after the shoot. What made this one even better was that we had imported talent, shooters and folks stepping up to stepping up. That was a great Appleseed, and only a cold snowy twenty-five meter one at that. People came from Idaho and Oregon. O0  ^:)^  ^:)^  O0

Well, Wade must be going to California or Texas for the work and the warmth - I have a shoot in Eagle Creek, OR, and Idaho has one and maybe central Washington has one -- all on the same day. Sometimes being more than one game going, you are going to miss the action somewhere. Still have a great time, and make every shot and shoot count. We can close 2010 with a bang or two. ::)
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

06en

Well Earl, it's no Castle Rock, but I do do have 2 shoots schedualed here in Yakima before the end of the year. Nov 20-21 and Dec 11-12. HTH  O0

Earl

I have the last weekend this month at Castle Rock, the 13th & 14th November at Eagle Creek, then looking at Moxee the following weekend, then everyone is trying to have December 11& 12 - Eagle Creek OR, Moxee WA, and I think Lewiston ID. That seems to be all for the year. Time really flies when one is having fun. ..:..

I just looked at the instructor sign ups for these last three months - I think everyone is hiding, or forgot how to sign up - send message to instructor scheduling. One of my IIT3s from Stevenson, is scheduled in two shoots on the same weekend? must be Doctor Who or Superman.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Wade

Auctuly I end up in really nice warm place's in the winter like softly breezy Wyoming and Montana and who can forget that wonderfull winter wonder land of James town North Dakota with snow gentaly falling  and vision being at lest 10 whole feet while pulling an oversized load and nowhere to get of the road yet.

In the Winter time I have learned that getting home on time gets even harder,,I also miss the winter seeds perhaps I will get a few chances at some this winter ,,,,do they make red hoods for parka's ?

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Evenstar

Hey Earl, we're kinda missing you over here in Northern Idaho! We've still got at least three shoots over here this fall... ::)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Western Rose

I was just thinking about last year... December... Lots of firsts that weekend. Hey, it was even the first time I'd set foot on a DAR!! Would have been kinda cool to be able to get back there. :cool2: Maybe next year. ::)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast