News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Castle Rock May 15-16

Started by RL, April 30, 2010, 01:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RL

Who can I count on for Instructors for this shoot? Wade? Earl is out, Rich is out. Lee? Cliff? Todd? Anybody (there are several) that I forgot?
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

Wade

I will be there as long as the rivers don't rise and the Lord is willing .

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Creedmoor

Gentlemen,

I am planning on attending this event (my first Appleseed) with my wife and son.  I do however have a couple of questions, so I do hope you will indulge me.

1 - A number of our 22 rifles have tube magazines.  Will these work alright?  How do you work the magazine change portion of the course?

2 - Can I buy the military web slings you sell at the event?  If not, if I order them today through your webstore, will they arrive in time for the shoot?

By the way, I am bringing a real D.A.R. (my wife) with me and am really looking forwards to this event.

Sincerely,

Mike

Wade

Tube feed .22's will work (perhaps not as well as a box magazine feed).
Best to order web sling's I do not know of any for sale at the shoot ,don't forget the 1&1/4 inch sling swivels,I honestly don't know how fast the slings would get to you from the web store ,,,I have found mine at gun shops and gun show's there is also the (1907?) leather sling that can be used  it was comen on 03a3 rifles and some M-1 Garands some times they can be found used and cheap.

Wade
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

RL

Tube feds work. Slings should be there. I am sure we can be talked into loaning you some slings for the shoot, if they don't arrive.  ;)
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.

Wade

Hey ALL local IIT's and Insructor's!

I would like to see at lest ) One more on staff for this shoot as I am on a Very good paying load(U P Rail load salt lake city to pueplo Co -Kansass city mo-Chitcargo Ill -cristle lake Ill - A load to home ?)and right now I Do Not Know for sure if I will be there saturday morning .

Wade
WOOF!

OLD GEEZER

I WILL BE THERE ABOUT 07:30HRS. SAT.
                                        OLD GEEZER

Earl

RL I will try and squeeze Saturday in and help instruct, no guarantees yet, have to finish this weekend well, time is moving so fast and I have about 3/4 of my mind in Hawaii already - for the family and grandson and testing the waters for Appleseed.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

RL

Earl, do you have extra targets and supplies? Can I let you know on short notice to either bring them if you can come, or I can come pick them up?

tdow

RL,

I just saw this post.  I won't be able to get over the mountains for the 15-16.  Have you gotten in touch with Cliff (LTR)?

Western Rose

Lee is really busy with getting some repairs done at his new place. Try PMing him directly. He's responded to me that way (fairly quickly), but hasn't responded to any posts recently.

Colorado Sam might be one to try PMing. He's up in Seattle area right now. Though he hasn't been on here for a while.

Just ideas...
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Earl

I thought targets and extra supplies took up every Shoot Boss's vehicle, seems they are in mine. You have no shoot box on the way?

I can bring what you need if not too much, have heard two IITs saying they were thinking of going to help you out, long drive but would be nice.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Wade

Well I worried about taking this load and getting back in time for the shoot , but the load pay's to much to turn down I got's bill's to pay (including the property payment).still going to try to make it back in time .

Wade
WOOF!

RL

I ordered a supply box, but every time I have SBed in the past...the box hasn't come, so I trying to plan for the worst. I can pick them up too, if you're not gonna make it. We can figure it out later this week, closer to the shoot.

actineon

RL,
My daughter, GunslingerGirl, and I, actineon, were looking into seeing if we could come, but my wife is not very fond of us being gone two weekends in a row. Earl mentioned we were interested, but I'm not sure we'll be able to come.

patronus of licentia

RL,

I am already signed for a Mens retreat at my church. It gets over on Saturday afternoon. If you are unable to find any one else to help with this let me know and I will try to make it happen.

Mike
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he then be trusted with the government of others?"
Thomas Jefferson

Ducko

RL,
I will be there both days to help you and Old Geezer, count me in!
Paul
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

RL

Got supplies, and a day early no less.

Earl

So for sure, if I can only ride my motorcycle I don't have to have a large backpack? Good stuff. Looks like I can be there Saturday for sure at 7:30. O0

Wade

Man am I glad you guys have it covered.

Loads to WA right now are so low paying it would almost be like paying to go home .
Sorry I will not be able to make it to this one ,but I did get a good paying load .

Instructors and IIT's go ahead and show up friday (if you want too)  and test the Rifle Range  make sure there are no malfuctions ::) ;) :D its a tough job but some one has to do it .

Wade
WOOF!

Earl

I looked it up, the weather is going to be great for shooting, Wade will cry about it.

Thirty pre-registered, and only four are for Saturday only, perfect weekend for walk-ons. :cool2:

Wade

I have not smelled any burnt gun powder since I left home to run a military load back east no Rifle in truck (just to much hassle on base's) not even any dry fire ,,,when I do get home I am not going to care if its snowing ,,,,,,,

Wade
WOOF!

06en

Quote from: Earl on May 13, 2010, 10:51:11 PM
I looked it up, the weather is going to be great for shooting, Wade will cry about it.

Thirty pre-registered, and only four are for Saturday only, perfect weekend for walk-ons. :cool2:

great for my remedial saturday AS...looking forward to it

Ron

Here are a few photos from the event.

Pat Riot

A little AAR from a Newbie. Great weather, Great folks, Great instruction. Two new Riflemen !

Some photos:
Ready one the line.
Some instruction.
The story.
R.L. presents the Riflemen.

P.R.

Earl

Nice Pictures thanks for posting them, there is an After Action report for this date that you could have posted on, but I have them now. I will have to work on my modeling skills, didn't know anyone was shooting pictures. But thanks again and do tell everyone that you had a great time.