News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Library "Lodge" Seed on Long Island

Started by kDan, December 21, 2011, 10:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

On Thursday Jan. 12, we will be presenting the Three Strikes and a bit more at:

Dongan Patent Lodge No. 1134 F.&A.M.
34 River Road
Smithtown, NY 11787

This is a Masonic Lodge on Long Island.  It will be an honor and a privilege to present the "Library Seed" format to such a distinguished audience on their own premises.  This event is open to the public and promises to be well-attended  The presentation begins at 8pm, but there is a catered dinner starting at 6:30 for a donation (suggested $10).  Heaping plates of delicious food are what I'm told to expect.

This has been set up by Phil Valot, current Master of the Lodge who is also part of our Calverton Instructor Crew, "RATTLESNAKE".  Phil has informed me that anybody with questions can "text" him at (631) 767-7711.  He may not be able to answer the phone immediately, so please don't call, and he probably won't recognize your number so if you do text him, let it be known you are asking about the "Lodge Seed".

You can also reach me with questions either by personal message on the forum, or by e-mail at rwva.nyc@gmail.com, or by phone or text at (718) 490 -7665.  Questions asked in replies on this thread will also be addressed as they come up.

It is humbling to speak and we wish only to represent Appleseed and all members with dignity and purpose.  I sincerely hope many of you can make it, not only for the camaraderie, but for support. 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

RATTLESNAKE

Looks great brother......
"It is not yet too late to accommodate the dispute amicably. But I am of opinion, that, if once General Gage should lead his troops into the country, with design to enforce the late Acts of Parliament, Great Britain may take her leave, at least of the New-England colonies, and, if I mistake not, of all America. If there is any wisdom in the nation, God grant it may be speedily called forth!"
- written in a letter from Joseph Warren to Arthur Lee, 20 February 1775

Calverton Mary

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Calverton Mary on December 22, 2011, 01:01:45 PMIs there a flyer for this event?
I've never done a Library Seed flier; however, I've attached a PDF of the 8.5 x 11 promo posters that are being included in current shoot boxes.  These can be printed and distributed far and wide.

If you'd like me to work up something else let me know your ideas and I'll see what I can come up with.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

kDan

this from Phil...

With a $10 donation anyone can attend the dinner at 6:30, we will be serving a choice of hot roast beef or turkey. The portions are known to be hefty and many have said them too be way to much for them. I always finish my plate then end up regreting it afterwards......

this from kDan...

I went to a venison dinner hosted by Phil's lodge last year and couldn't believe how much I ate.  I actually left food on my plate which made me feel terribly guilty, but there was simply nothing I could do, and it was delicious.  I think there's another venison dinner in February if I'm not mistaken - Feb 18.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Charles McKinley

I'm sure Brother Washington would be proud! 

I need to do this at my Lodge soon.  I look forward to the AAR.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

kDan

This is four days away folks.

I figure I'll stop eating after breakfast Tuesday morning to start making some room.

-d-

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

anygunwilldoifyouwilldo

See you guys/gals there..........late (no time to eat) @ 8pm