News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lemoore CA Oct 23-24, 2010

Started by Garand56, October 26, 2010, 09:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand56

We started with a small group (7 shooters Sat AM), but we pulled 3 new Riflemen out of that small number by the end of the weekend. Andreas was first up with a 226 Sat PM. Wade, Cindy, Phil, Sam, Dylan, and Oscar rounded out the team. Oscar's dad Brendan watched all day, and finally couldn't contain himself and asked "can I shot too?" He's an active duty Marine, and we looked at each other and said "why not?" He shot the last AQT and said he will be back with the rest of the kids in tow.

We had 6 shooters return Sun AM, and Andreas' mom Sam shot a 216 after lots of 200s earlier in the day-like mother like son! I don't think we had any any unqualified shooters left by the end of the day Sun, but Dylan was still itching for his patch after a 203 earlier in the day. Furrowfoot and I looked at each other and said "why not?" Dylan shot 2 more timed AQTs after the others left, and he got his 212 on the last one. A Rifleman persists, and Dylan won his patch.

Weather was great on Sat, windy on Sun, and the range was obliging as always. Thanks to the LSC and Furrowfoot and Copper for turning out out. I'm going to try for an additional event this year, but if not hopefully we will return next year and alternate months with Fresno.

G56 Out.
We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

artkat2

Good show Garand 56!

Sounds like a good weekend to me!
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

FurrowFoot

Congratulations to Andreas, Sam and Dylan.  You have earned the Rifleman patch, and at your first Appleseed too.  The rest of you shooters; all of you learned and improved so much over the two days, that you made this instructor look good.  Practice dry firing, use the information in your packets, and you can score Rifleman at the your next Appleseed.  I also have photos, if I can get them to copy here.

Take Care,
FurrowFoot
Neil