News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Temple, TX January 19, 2024

Started by scuzzy, January 22, 2024, 04:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Well the thing that stands out in my mind was COLD. When I got to the range it was about 25 degrees or so with sustained winds of 20 mph and gusting over 30-35. I'm going to officially call this a Winterseed as with wind chill we were prob about 8 degrees or so.

Two on the instructors said forget this and left before we got going. That left 4 hardy souls.

We got the dope on our rifles and then did an AQT. It was a bit of a challenge but everybody did pretty well. Mike came within one shot of making distinguished. Dang good. I came within one shot of making expert but didn't. The wind made it really interesting. In spite of the wind everybody did really well. As in super close to making expert. This is the first time I'd ever been blown around in prone. Some of the gusts would shake the rifle around in prone.

I usually try and take at least a few pics but didn't feel like taking my gloves off. Yeah I know what a wuss. So all I have is a shot of Mike getting his KD patch.

Anyhow thanks all for coming out and doing really good even with the challenge of wind and cold.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Steck

Kirby, that's a crazy amount of wind, you're brave to be out there getting pushed around!

ScottInTX

Many thanks to Brass Valley range, Scuzzy and SafetymanTX for hosting the event and braving the cold! Scuzzy, I hope you're feeling less under the weather now.
Rifleman: 1/23
Distinguished Rifleman: 2/23
Pistoleerâ„¢: 3/23