News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Perryville, MO - AAR – Jan 13-14, 2024

Started by Captain, January 20, 2024, 01:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

Third year in a row at the fantastic Perryville Higher Education Center! We once again gathered in the PHEC for two full days of "iron sharpening"; becoming more effective Appleseeders. Our event included Appleseeders from four states with the most active cadre from Missour as well as the new State SC from Illinois (ChuckA) and returning Appleseeders Shooter30-06 and AK. Joining us from Indiana were the adventure-bound traveling duo of Geek and JaysHoneyBunny

Being one of the first (the first??) IBC in the country has a price, and the price this weekend was . . . cold! Windy and 0 degrees F keep all of us inside the whole event. Everyone had a chance to work on their skills and is ready to get out on the Appleseed trail in 2024. Just spending time around other committed Appleseeders makes for a great weekend. Those of us from other states also were able to be part of the plans for the upcoming year in Missouri (and Illinois!).

Special thank you to Flintlock54 for doing all the work . . . dinner arrangements, pizza, logistics and most impressively, the incomparable PHEC! This might one of the best IBC locations in the country. Also a shoutout to Missouri Brigade who made the pizza run in the cold on Sunday. We continued the tradition of the St. Louis specialty of Imo's square cut thin crust pizza.  Finally, sincerest thank you to all my Brother and Sister Appleseeders who made time to come out and make this weekend a success.

Here's a group photo taken on Sunday. (click on the photo to see full size, and click again to shrink back)

Please leave your comments and upload any pictures you may have taken. I have a couple more I will post shortly. 
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Captain

And a few more pictures (including the temperature on Sunday morning)         

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

ChuckA

Huzzah, a great weekend and lots of liberty in the world. Thanks Flintlock and Captain for making this happen.
NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer and Life member

No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms. 1st Draft of the VA Constitution by T. Jefferson

Flintlock54

A good time was had by all!  In addition to thanking all who attended I'd like to give a shout out to Michelle at the Higher Ed Center for letting us use the facility.
Acts 22:28. I was freeborn