News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chapel Hill TN AAR - Appleseed - Oct 7-8, 2023

Started by ArmyVet, October 09, 2023, 12:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmyVet

20 shooters braved the chilly temps (40 degrees) at Strategic Edge Gun Range in Chapel Hill, TN. We have a long history with SE and they graciously waive range fees for our participants! Many thanks to our host range  O0

We were pleased to see many youth shooters with their families to hear the story of April 19th, 1775.

Booney Stomper, Old Navy Doc and Eagle Keeper told the story with enthusiasm and emotion.

Our shooters immediately improved and continued to improve throughout the weekend. Sunday saw 3 new Riflemen and 1 requalification:

Jeff got us on the board with a 214 on his first AQT at his first event! He later shot 231 on his last AQT!

Derrek got into the zone and never left scoring Rifleman on 4 consecutive AQTs: 215, 216, 216 and 214.

Justin was running a bolt rifle with iron sights and scored 210! We know what happened next  ;)

Noelle (one of our Applecore) scored 212.

Many thanks to the instructor cadre for keeping us focused and for tireless coaching throughout the weekend.

As we were packing up Sunday, Mr. Kennedy of Strategic Edge stopped by to offer a generous denotation to Project Appleseed. They are very supportive of our program and happily welcome our students with open arms.
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Old Navy Doc

I totally agree. The students were amazing and fun to work with. Sometimes shoots with so many youths can be stressful. Not this time! The younger shooters were alert, attentive, and dramatically improved. They were a delight!
    The Strategic Edge range is fantastic! I can't recommend it enough.
    I was also very impressed with the recent advancements in the Course of Fire that were implemented by the Shoot Boss. It improves teaching efficiency, reduces wasted shots, reduces shooter frustration, and increases safety.
    I can't wait to come back to help instruct again.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleerâ„¢: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Rusty1949

Had a great time, as usual. Will have to keep practicing with my Rifle of choice. I will get that score, always looking for the next challenge. Derek did awesome as did everyone who attended. All the instructors did awesome jobs at teaching, maintaining safety and making everyone feel comfortable in the process. Thank you all.