News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt Field, FL AAR - April 20-21, 2024

Started by Sarea_51, April 23, 2024, 11:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarea_51

What a fun weekend!!

I'd like to start with sincere gratitude for Hurlburt Field Rifle and Pistol Club supporting Project  Appleseed.  It's a nice range and allows the local community to practice their marksmanship with Project Appleseed.

The weather was a mixed bag with a hot, humid & sunny Saturday, followed by a cold, rainy & windy Sunday. The shooters didn't let the weather extremes dampen their weekend and the scores are the receipts.
This weekend's Patriot Day shoot was well attended with 13 shooters who showed up with teachable attitudes.  6 new shooters and 7 returning shooters looking to achieve that coveted rifleman patch. Additionally, we had 15 volunteers supporting the shooters instruction and check-in.
The William Diamond Patch was presented to our four youth shooters Jacob, Amir, Elizabeth, and Grey.  All showed great enthusiasm and improved their skills over the weekend. Grey scored a high of 203 and Elizabeth a high of 206. 

While it was raining and cold on Sunday, 10 shooters returned and two earned rifleman for the first time. Tony O scored 221 for his first Appleseed event.  Steven, a returning shooter, scored rifleman on iron sites with a score of 212. 

The highlight of the weekend was the Patriots Volley.  The shooters and instructors memorialized the Patriots, that gave all for our freedom and liberty, with some really loud and well timed volleys from M1 Garands, AR15s and rimfire rifles.  Huzzah!

This weekend also showed promotions for our instructor team. Dee and Branbo911 were both promoted to ITT2.  The day ended with Sarea_51 getting her green hat putting another shoot boss on the Florida roster.

Thanks again to Hurlburt Field's continued support of Project Appleseed!  Huzzah!

If you have any photos you want to share with the group, please send them to me.

Photos link:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3HJiKxNaRfNJuu3B7

TheMenace

Congratulations on a great event! Happy to see the promotions. It takes hard work. HUZZA!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Sarea_51

More photos added to the link.

Thanks Dennis!  I appreciate your support on this journey.  :beer:

gunjunkie

This was indeed a great weekend. I will say it was a busy shoot with all the PC's summited and all the new shooters on the line.

Everyone on the line made progress toward that rifleman's patch, I know you can do it. Remember perfect practice makes riflemen.

I would like to congratulate Tony and Steven, our new riflemen, fantastic job.

I would like to thank Hurlburt Rifle and Pistol club for the continued support.

Thanks to all the instructors for all you give to make these shoots happen, your the best.

Congratulations Brambo911 and Dee on your promotions, you rock!

I would also like congratulate Serea_51 on her new green hat. It was truly an honor and privilege. Lets  do again soon, I love Appleseed! 
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

Pirategirl

Congratulations to all!  Sounds like a great weekend for Lady Liberty indeed.  Congratulations to Sarea_51 on her green hat.  See you on the line soon!
What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

Bristang

All the shooters had great attitudes and left with many smiles! Personally this was my first full weekend as an orange hat and it was an awesome experience to have such a variety of instructors to watch - I learned something from everyone in attendance.

Dragon

Congrats to Sarea_51. It was a pleasure to work with her and it was a well run event. Also a well done to Brambo911 and Dee.  Weather was perfect on Saturday and students were attentive. Several future riflemen (rifle persons).  Look forward to seeing you at the rimfire KD event and future Appleseed's.