News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gaston SC. 20-21APR2024. Patriot's Day Shoot.

Started by DEH, April 22, 2024, 03:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEH

In stark contrast to April 19, 1775, Saturday April 20 in Gaston, SC was rather hot; however, 11 patriots turned out to improve their marksmanship and hear about our heritage as rebels.

Unfortunately the heat and humidity (90 degree +) took its toll and some shooters had to leave early.

Sunday was more reminiscent of the British landing at Lechmere's point. It was cold and wet.

That being said:  Shooters persisted and marked improvement was noted on everyone's AQT's.  We had several people scoring close to Rifleman and are pleased to announce that one person was able to score a Rifleman score and be awarded the Rifleman patch.

We are also pleased to announce that another Rifleman utilized this event to requalify and accept an Orange Hat as an Instructor in Training.

Our Instructors for this weekend were Cleveland and Old Navy Doc from Tennessee. We were pleased to award Old Navy Doc his 75 event pin.
TAZdevil, macsr, TheIronMantis and DEH all from SC.

I would like to thank everyone involved including shooters and instructors for taking their time to further the cause of Liberty in South Carolina.

I would also like to thank Mid Carolina Rifle Club for continuing to host us for over 15 years.

-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC,
'14, '15, '22 KD, '24-IBC

-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

DEH

-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

DEH

DEH

Old Navy Doc

As a Tennessee border jumper, I was delighted to work with this amazing group of instructors and students. They tolerated the heat, cold, rain, and wind with aplomb and were eager for more!
The club was a great location and I highly recommend this site for future Appleseed events.
I look forward to returning.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleerâ„¢: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Cleveland

What an awesome group of shooters and instructors

Old Navy Doc receiving his 75 shoot pin

Kaia, Old Navy Docs granddaughter receiving her youth patch

DEH, SC's newest Shootboss

The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleerâ„¢ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

upacreek

Congrats on the shoot and the green hat, DEH!!!  Kaia, I saw you shoot in Charlotte last year(ish).  I love the hair. :1luvu It's pretty awesome that you guys got to see your grandpa get his 75 event pin.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

CokeGuy

Looks like a great event. Congratulations to Navy Doc on 75 events!