News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD LadySeed Rifle Clinic AAR - Sept 23-24, 2023

Started by kniwolf, September 26, 2023, 01:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kniwolf

Another great weekend at AAFG in the books!  6 students made the pilgrimage out despite Ophelia's wrath to be on the line for this two day LadySeed rifle event on this rainy September weekend.

The morning's hits count target showed that there was skill present, but we also had some work to do.  The class stayed attentive and soaked up all points of instruction.  After our morning of instruction and drills, ProgressNotPerfection presented an incredible telling of the first strike that was from the perspective of Ruth Fiske Harrington, to which the students (and instructors) were very attentive and asked plenty of questions.

The afternoon's weather forecast was full of heavy wind and rain, so we shifted into high gear to get as many points of instruction done before sending folks home due to adverse conditions.  We snuck in our final redcoat of the day in between heavy rain storms, and two students cleared it!  Congrats to Mandy W. and Sarah B., who both earned the coveted MD Immortal 400 patch!

Sunday started promptly on time and the weather report was looking much better.  We had some leftover points of instruction to go over from the prior day, and we got right to it after seeing significant progress in the first redcoat of the day compared to the initial redcoat from Saturday.  Second and Third strike were tag teamed by Phoebe and ProgressNotPerfection, who also presented some fantastic tellings of Dangerous Dames.  We got into AQTs shortly before lunch - to which Mandy W. decided to set the bar with a solid score of 221 on her first AQT!  Mandy would go on to requalify before the day was out with a 224.  Sarah B. came oh so close with a 201 on the first AQT, and went on to take top score of the day with a 225 on her last AQT!

Great progress was made by all students present.  Sherri P consistently scored from 180-205, and I'm confident that she too would have received a patch if given just a little more time.  Theresa B made significant strides as well, even after persevering through equipment issues.  We had two students from AWA present as well, who both showed that they knew well what they were about!  Shawntay and Theresa O both came in with a desire to learn, and they both made a tremendous amount of progress throughout the event.  Theresa O. even ran a bolt action for a good portion of the event!

I highly encourage you all to practice what you learned with both live and dry fire. Working under the pressure of the clock is something that some practice can also overcome.

Pictures are available in an online album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/akeM6Xp9kaX58NkG8 and will soon be posted to our Maryland Appleseed Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064405762810

I hope to see everyone on the line at a future rifle or pistol event!

ProgressNotPerfection

I would just like to thank all of the students and my fellow instructors who attended this event.  Hosting a LadySeed has been a dream of mine since I started volunteering with Project Appleseed and thanks to ALL OF YOU I was able to see that dream become reality!! 

To the Students specifically: GREAT WORK this weekend ladies!! It was such an honor getting to work with all of you and see your progress!  I will work with our team to get more LadySeed events on the calendar for next year.  P.S. there's currently a pistol clinic in Thurmont in December that has zero students registered so far....there's nothing saying we can't fill the line with ladies ;)

To my fellow Instructors:  THANK YOU for stepping up and serving along side me in this event!  Your support, mentorship, and team spirit (especially with this past weekend's weather) go beyond anything a gal could ask for!  :)
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Professor Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

BeSwift

FINE JOB ALL!  We've got the best students and volunteer corp in the country....  Tropical Storm Seed.....
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Mrs. Smith

Nicely done, y'all!  I'm sure you gave those ladies a weekend to remember!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24