News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Dorr MI One Day Ladyseed Pistol Clinic September 9th 2023

Started by Rangerat67, September 19, 2023, 12:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerat67

The four ladies in attendance at the Appleseed Pistol Clinic held at the South Kent Sportsmans Club in Dorr MI on September 9th are the embodiment of patriots.  They worked hard to improve their marksmanship and absorbed the history.  The student's attentiveness, attitude, and perseverance make events like these a great experience for all of the instructors. 

The weather at this event was perfect!  (For reference, it rained at my last three events, one would be classified as a deluge!) The morning safety briefing was taken to heart as this group was exceptional with following the four safety rules and making safe pistols.  The marksmanship instruction began, and the shooters practiced with dry and live fire.  The grip and stance significantly improved throughout the day.  By the final target on Saturday, these four students looked like skilled competition shooters! 

If an award was handed out for "Most Improved Group Size", it would certainly go to Angela.  Angela's group sizes shrank throughout the day.  An award for "Most improved Form" would go to Hannah.  I wish I had a before and after picture of Hannah's grip and stance.  By the end of the day, your were aggressive and in control of your pistol.  Mary easily earned an award for "Best Attitude".  You arrived with solid fundamentals, struggled throughout the day with alignment but stayed positive and never lost your smile.  Jami wins an award for "Perseverance".  Your compact pistol was challenging but you stuck with it.  Even when you switched to a .22 for one handed shooting, it was back to your centerfire for the two handed stages.

At every Appleseed event, the story of April 19th 1775 is presented.  Fidget, Pookie, and Oz, did an excellent job presenting this fascinating story.  If anyone would like to read more, I suggest "Paul Rever's Ride" by David Hackett Fisher.  You can find this book at the library, Amazon or the online Project Appleseed store.  https://store.rwvaappleseed.com/page18.html

A special thanks to Fidget for your hospitality (dinner Friday night was excellent!), to Pookie for traveling over from the other side of the state, and to Oz for fitting this event into your travel schedule.  I am always happy to see your names on the instructors list.

It was great to spend the weekend with all of you, students and instructors, and I look forward to seeing each one of you at a future event!

Rangerat67
Rick

jimmyjoe

Rick,
Thank you for the positive feedback on our improvement throughout the day!  Both my daughter and I were very pleased to have been able to attend.  The one on one instruction was amazing!  Our family have attended several Appleseed events and we have NEVER left without feeling gratitude for this organization and all that it and it's volunteers do. Now, we're off to the range to continue reinforcing the skills you and the others taught.

Jami