News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright it's, Mo. Sept 16-17, 2023

Started by Flintlock54, September 18, 2023, 06:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flintlock54

Saturday dawned cool and cloudy with no wind, perfect conditions. 15 patriots took advantage of the good weather to attend. Most were retuning shooters and they all showed up ready for business, we had 13 adults and 3 young patriots.

We also had a staff of 5 instructors. Thank you guys, it was a pleasure working with you. Griffin joined us from Ohio and fortunately had some North Bridge water.  Judy did a fantastic job with the morning logistics as always.

The young patriots persisted which showed in their last day scores. Hat tip to you Payton, Issac, and Cora !  Young Cora cleared her first redcoat Saturday and repeated that performance Sunday afternoon. In between she turned in AQT scores of 217 and 212! 

We had 4 other riflemen- Jason with 210,( twice), Kenneth with 218 and 217, David Smith with 217, and John with 210 and 212. The guys who shot 210 graciously accepted baptism with North Bridge water.  Several other shooters were knocking at the door.

Everyone got into the history presentations with discussions asked questions.  On behalf of the instructor cadre I wish to say that you honor us with you presence.

Special thanks to Benchrest Rifle Club for hosting us and particular to Scott for the boots on the ground things you do.

To sum up this was a very good event with a quite engaging and enthusiastic group. Patriots one and all. HUZZAH!

Acts 22:28. I was freeborn

deuskid

Steve and I had a grand time!  It was Steve's first event and he said he wants to return next year, with me. 

Thanks to all the great volunteers who made it a success and all the patriots who we were able to get to know over the weekend.

Huzza!
"... if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" Luke 22:36

Msquared214

Thanks Steve and your volunteers. My friend, Guy, (an armchair historian himself ) who observed his first Appleseed was very impressed with the program. I wish we could have attended the second day, however, WW2 history called and we toured an LST (landing ship tank) which was docked in Hannibal. Thanks again to all who made this possible. See you next year!

Sheldon

What a wonderful event, thank you to Steve and the entire team for all their hard work, dedication and passion. My daughter Cora and I attended our first Appleseed back in April of this year. We were so impressed with the quality of the event and instruction we went home and put what we learned into practice over the summer planning to come back for another shot at the AQT and Morgan's Shingle. Our efforts and persistence paid off and we both were able to achieve Rifleman.

However, many thanks are due to our gracious instructions. Thank you Steve for the investment of time you made into Cora back in April. It greatly encouraged her and she wanted to make sure she did an event with you the next time we did one. Thank you to Judy for your great organization, warm welcome and for sharing photos of great memories. Dennis, we've enjoyed getting to know you and appreciate your kind instruction. Thank you to Mitchell (MDawg) for all your insight feedback given in a very positive and encouraging manner. Your voice and instruction still rings in my ears when I practice. Russ, appreciate your encouragement, loan of new magazine and the upbeat attitude you always displayed. Thank you Greg/Griffin for driving all the way into Missouri to support us. You are a skilled story teller and instructor, thank you for your time and the loaner rifle when needed. Each of you have made our Appleseed experience positive, imparted key skills in each of us but most importantly have given us lifelong memories. Thank you all!

Finally, we love so much of what you are doing here in Missouri we want more of it! We have so many friends and family members that want to join after we shared our experiences with them. We are eagerly awaiting the 2024 calendar dates for Appleseed, pistol clinics and hopefully a Known Distance event if possible. What you are doing is making an impact and many more want to participate, please keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing you all at a future event!

JDU
1st Appleseed: April 22/23, 2023, Wright City, MO (196)
Rifleman Qualification: September 16/17, 2023, Wright City, MO (212 & 210)
Cleared Redcoat & Morgan's Shingle: September 16/17, 2023, Wright City, MO
Known Distance Appleseed: Forthcoming
Pistol Clinic: Forthcoming