News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rochester, MN AAR - Sept 16-17, 2023 - Appleseed

Started by ProudPapa14, September 18, 2023, 05:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProudPapa14

Southern Minnesota Sportsman's Club hosted Project Appleseed for an awesome 2-day 25m Appleseed event in beautiful Rochester MN.  Weather was great as were our participants.  It was mostly a family affair with two father daughter pairs and a grand-father/daughter-in-law pair.  All participants were attentive and receptive to the instruction provided. 

While only Adrian was able requalify as rifleman, others were improving throughout the weekend.  Gretchen and Lauren are knocking on the door with scores in the upper 190s and 200's.  Dave, Joel, Alethea, and Elwood showed improvement and persistence throughout the weekend.  A little more dry-fire practice and on-range practice should see one or more of these fine patriots to shoot for score.

Elwood - it was a great pleasure seeing you on the line this year and I only hope that at 83 years young I'll be able to shoot and participate as well as you did.

FreedomV - thank you for the pot of chili for lunch on Saturday.  Instructors, thank you for picking up the slack for this hobbling shoot boss. 

Thank you to Mark, Dean and the board of Southern Minnesota Sportsman's Club for hosting Project Appleseed for over a decade now and providing all the support you do.  Without your partnership, we couldn't continue with our mission.

Event Pictures will follow.

ProudPapa14

ProudPapa14

Greg - adding to the noise on Saturday (click image to play video)

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Burnett

Quote from: ProudPapa14 on September 18, 2023, 07:18:18 PM
Greg - adding to the noise on Saturday (click image to play video)
I may or may not still be grinning from that.
I asked ProudPapa14 what kind of time allowance would be given is someone were to want to shoot that for an AQT. He said none. I think that is unreasonable; I mean, after 15 or so shots, you'd have to have some R&R.

ProudPapa14

To be fair, one hit with that 98 caliber ball would have wiped out the entire 400 yd target :)

attist

Huge thanks to Mark, Dean, and our own IIT (FreedomV) for the club hospitality.

I'm excited for the shooters hanging around the ~200's - Joel, Lauren, Dave, Alethea, and Gretchen - knocking on the door to their Rifleman patch. Keep it up, use the book, dry-fire with the 6-steps, and looking forward to you earning the patch next event.

Elwood managed to show up all the Instructors with his energy and persistence all weekend. Hope you bring all these fundamentals back to the bench and keep it up!

Many thanks to the Instructor cadre for the expert tutelage, great stories, and time down on the line with the shooters.

Duluth, MN w/ Martin & RustyRed - 1st Rifleman
Monticello, MN w/ Trig & LGLDLR - Orange Hat...
Monticello, MN w/ ProudPapa14 - Instructor PC!