News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fremont, OH Sept 16/17, 2023 AAR

Started by Charley, September 17, 2023, 08:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley

What a fantastic first event at the Izaak Walton League Fremont range! The weather was perfect for a weekend focusing on marksmanship and history.

There was a lot of improvement and refinement this weekend. We had 5 students on Saturday and 6 on Sunday. Our Saturday morning redcoats showed a promising start with some room for improvement. By Sunday afternoon, the redcoat target reflected how much improvement had been made. Congratulations to Chris on clearing Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning redcoats! Congratulations to Dave on clearing his first red coat Saturday afternoon! And, Congratulations to Mark on clearing 3 of the 4 redcoat targets this weekend! Huzzah!

More congratulations to our re-qualifying rifleman Josh with a 217, Dave with a 222, 213 and 226, and Mark with a 237, 240, 224, 227, 232 and 239! Mark even earned a Distinguished patch! Huzzah!

We added 2 new riflemen Chris with a 215 and Tammy with a 211 and 214! Congratulations!

There were many shooting errors observed and corrected which led to a lot of improvement this weekend. The scores definitely reflected that! Keep practicing, we look forward to having you back!

Huge thank you to Messer454 and Third Degree for helping out this event. Also, huge thank you to Izaak Walton League Fremont for graciously hosting us! Looking forward to our next event!

Third Degree

I also want to congratulate all of our shooters who performed very well during this inaugural event in Fremont!

This was a terrific group of focused enthusiasts, and the results prove the point. Tammy and Chris, welcome to the Rifleman club. Congratulations to Mark for earning the Distinguished tab! A great job call-out to Josh and David for requalifying at scores that seemed to improve with every AQT. Mike also showed significant improvement over the course of the weekend. Keep up the good work. 

The Izzak Walton League facility just outside of Fremont is a great venue for Appleseed. We all look forward to repeating the experience!

It was a pleasure working with Messer454 and Charley.

Third Degree

Burnett

Sounds like a great event.
Please tell me that the instructor dinner for shoots in Fremont is AJ's Heavenly Pizza.

DaveT

This was probably the smoothest-run Appleseed I've attended.

Thanks to all the instructors - Messer454, Third Degree and especially Charley for the great instruction and history segments.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend's KD in New Philly.

--Dave