News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Hollywood, FL July 29th 2023

Started by MyNameIsEARL, July 30, 2023, 02:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyNameIsEARL

We had a great event, spending some time to focus on dry practice and an emphasis on walking before running showed very positive results on paper.  Most of our shooters were first-time attendees, and clearly demonstrated excellent groups right from the get-go.  Throughout the day shooters heard the story of April 19, 1775, and (we hope) left with a clearer understanding of why the second amendment is every bit as relevant today as it was in the days of our forefathers.

Speaking of brave - that late-July sun in Florida was brutal. Luckily, Hollywood Rifle and Pistol club provided us with cover from the blistering sun and industrial fan to keep a steady breeze. They also have a spacious air-conditioned classroom that allow everyone a chance to cool off out of the heat.

With only one day, to score all our shooters persevered to get through 2 AQTs.  So many are knocking on the door of Rifleman. We had 6 youth shooters, one of which was our only Rifleman.  Kate scored and impressive 217. Maggie cleared the hits count target.

Everyone improved greatly from the initial red coats from the morning. We had 9 instructors and 2 new blue hats. It was a great day for Liberty, Heritage, and Marksmanship.

Here are a few Photos from the day:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/193056249@N06/f0q8144V1T

NeddaR

Participated in my first one day Appleseed shooting event. Wow! What an amazing experience. Very humbling to fire a rifle without sand bags and a bench. Learned so much and am so grateful for the wonderful volunteers that were so patient. Their instructions and examples of actually shooting were beyond what I expected. Loved the history stories and all too, again learning so much more detail than what was in just a regular history class. Very impressed with the whole program. I will be back for another event and have already started spreading the good word about all the advantages of attending one of these events. Thank you to all of you who make this happen.   NeddaR

9mm4545

Huzzah! Kudos to Team Appleseed for toughing it out in summertime south Florida.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Not Sure

First of all, I have to thank every one of our shooters who came out to improve their marksmanship skills and enjoy some American History while braving the South Florida heat and, even worse, humidity.  It was an honor to work with all of you and we were repaid in spades with the incredible improvement you all achieved.  The first Red Coat revealed that there was work to do as eight shooters placed 3 rounds in the 100 yard target, one in the 200 yard target, zero in the 300 and 400 targets, and two hit Morgan's Shingle.  After quality instruction and a tremendous amount of persistence by our shooters, 8 hit Morgan's Shingle, three shooters placed 3 in the 400, four in the 300, two in the 200, and three in the 100.  One shooter even turned in a cleaned Red Coat.  My hat is off to all of you.  We hope to see you all again at our upcoming South Florida events in September and November and bring a friend or friends.

More thanks also go to the Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club for their support of Appleseed.  The excellent facilities (air conditioned classroom) are greatly appreciated.  Also, a big thank you to all of the instructors that made long drives to make this event a big success.

Finally, congratulations to Earl for a job well-done on his first event as Shoot Boss!

Mike
"Not Sure"

TheMenace

Congratulations to all who participated in surviving South Florida in late July!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

JustKim

Looks like an awesome event!  It was certainly HOT this past weekend --
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

codyClemonade

I think a great time was had by all. Loved getting to experience a new range and meet lots of new people! That range was truly set up for the heat- shade on all sides and tons of fans. I'm not sure we could ask for much better. Thanks to Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club for being such gracious hosts!

gunjunkie

Great job Earl! Congratulations to all that made it through the heat.
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

Not Sure

Here are a whole bunch more pics of the Hollywood event.

Set 1 - https://imgur.com/a/rg1SPcm

Set 2 - https://imgur.com/a/BMR7vMI

GGthatsme

Thank you Earl,  and all the instructors.  I was a great day in Hollywood.